• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel 180 first planted tank

These pictures are a little off topic but wanted to share them as I'm pretty pleased with the results there pictures of a 3 foot community tank that back in June looked a little sad its been moved to the kitchen table to make way for the rio 180 project as we are dry starting the 180 and I've been accumulating equipment I decided to trial run it on my old tank then I bought some Alternanthera and some Cryptocoryne from my local pets at home (not my favourite source of plants) I purchased a pond solutions light hood and installed a couple of Arcadia plant pro tubes which was intended for the original juewl 120 tank which got shelved when I accidentally bought the 180 off eBay so while waiting for the 180 to get established I've been playing with my old 3 footer installed a glass co2 diffuser a 5 kg pub co2 bottle another external filter which to be honest is maturing on this tank as not to affect water quality when I move the larger of the two filters to my 180 and last night I swopped the old hood for the pond solutions light so today after its first dose of high intensity light double filtration and copious amounts of co2 I've come home to find all my plants pearling very pleased and that's with a standard coral sand substrate can't wait till the 180 is full with its nutrient rich substrate what's going to happen hopefully another success story time will tell oh and Sam I've downloaded that app and made a nine hour time lapse video today not a lot to look at if I'm honest but would like to upload it on here all the same could you tell me how to as I can't seem to access the video through the image uploaded on here

Cheers dan

More pics to follow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

de5upyha.jpg

After

The last few pictures are a little cloudy as Big Clown (Andy) has just put some hc in there which has been growing in John Innes and finally a full tank shot of the 180 after all this journal is intended for that me and Andy just got a little carried away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That rio is going to look mint :) already does and once it's all grown in ..... Well suppose we will have to wait, Looking forward to how it pans out .
That light really brings out the green .
Good job !
I uploaded the video to you tube then pasted the URL on ukaps .
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rio is being slowly filled as I write this I can see it being a slow process as we are trickling the water in very slowly through the filter pick up pipe and back to the tank via the spray bar mainly to try and save us hassle of priming the filter later time lapse running also just so I can watch a speedy fill up video

Back