• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel 180 first planted tank

FTS as requested

7a2apyvu.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8yba6are.jpg

vehu3y6a.jpg

uve5upa7.jpg

6une8ugu.jpg

aqa4e3er.jpg

It's amazing what happens with 1.2ph drop. Went to buy replacement co2 bits and came back to a sea of bubbles 700lph powerhead with co2 venturi and DIY acrylic spray bar. I don't think I want to change injection method now

my8ujusa.jpg

Looks great :)
How's the 1st day of being flooded feel ? Are you using a fluval filter ?
And did you sort out the diffuser ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It feels great very pleased I would have continued the dry start but was worried my Pogostemon was suffering from not being submerged as it was browning and I had a couple of the smaller pieces die off looks a lot happier now the hc is pearling like crazy Slightly worried its going to float to the top thinking of giving it a hair cut next week will see how it progress over the next couple of days I can start thinking off some taller stems for the background now thinking I might add some red stems but I just can't decide which way to go.
Will be doubling up the filtration in the next few weeks and I want to alter the pipe work inside the tank still waiting on a delivery of acrylic tube for this.
So Sam when's yours get the Noah treatment ?

Sounds like you have a decent plan in mind.
Noah's going to see the whale (Lol) in about 3 weeks , I'm aiming for the bank holiday weekend so have got a few days off work to make sure everything runs smoothly, waiting for my atomizer so can't do much until then, but really I'm itching to as that's what it's all about after all !!
Have you thought about what livestock you will be adding ??

Livestock is something me and Andy are still pondering over there was talk off just putting 40 or so neons in part of me keeps thinking fill it with shrimp but nothing set in stone as yet any suggestions ?

No photos but all seems well, everything is growing, no signs of algae(touch wood)I went over 2 days ago and his kitchen looks bright green with the reflection from the hc. I thought aliens had landed when i got there with the green glow coming from his windows. Started dosing tnc complete yesterday but am ordering EI kit this week. No measurable ammonia, nitrite(not that we even trust test kits or rely on them but wanted to see if there was any present)
Hows yours going terry must be time for an update on your journal too(warts and all)

Tanks looking great so far a few tips of the helferi have wilted but only slightly keeping a close eye on them reduced light a little yesterday Andy just knocked a hour off at end of day think it will be worth doing a 30% water change tomorrow however its your turn ! So get here early liquid carbon arrived today so can top your supply up however no reply from email regarding why there product was 54% more expensive on eBay poor customer service in my opion so the EI kit will have to be sourced elsewhere a simple courteous email wouldn't have hurt

I noticed that the tnc liquid carbon is more expensive on eBay .. I think I am going to buy easy carbo 9.99 for 500 ml. Off eBay .
I have got a good shop for Ei salts , they are on eBay as well .
I paid £16 delivered for 1kg kno3 500 g kh2p04 and 1kg mgs04 , I thought a bargain which will last me years :) .
You should upload some pics .
I'm filling very soon wanted to wait till I move but that's been held up so looks like I gotta drain etc to move :/

Back