• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel duoflux bulbs :590mm replacement

Pricey32

i have a juwel tank, i think it could be the rekord.... Bought it 2nd hand

It has the duoflux lid with the dual bulbs i think theyre t5.... Maybe someone could put me straight.

Want to change the bulbs as i currently have the warm-lite & and the daylight bulb in but theyve been in a while, is there any that people recommend i dont want anything to pricey (excuse the pun)

Thanks Pricey

t5 tubes are 16mm dia approx
t8 tubes are 25mm dia approx
Arcadia do jewel length tubes and I'm not sure but I think that Iquatics do too
You could also search the net for 590mm tubes and you may find others too
There is a thread in the lighting section regarding colour spectrum and what other people use to make planted tanks look good

Thanks buddy, really appreciate it. Will have a look at that thread at some point before picking some

Every fish shop near me all stock Juwel length T5 tubes in both Juwel and Arcadia brand. One had JBL as well. About £15 odd for the triphosphor 590mm.

Looked on both arcadia and jbl only do 550mm where mine are 590mm... Il have a hunt around see what i can find

Soo....

I contacted Juwel as i wasnt sure if they were t5 or t8

They replied to say bulbs would definitely be t5s
So i jumped onto lamp specs and ordered the grolux you pointed me to Ian (many thanks for your help btw)

Anyway £26 later inc postage

Bulbs arrived and if anybody can guess what im guna say next...........

Turns out my bulbs are t8s not t5s ( giant face palm)

So now the search restarts but if anyone wants those bulbs feel free to contact me

Back