• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

juwel helialux 800 problem

jokerjay

Hi, I've just bought a juwel helialux 800 second hand from ebay, when I picked it up the guy had accidentally gave the plug/driver part away to the person who bought the day and night controller (I wanted that to but was to late:mad:).
A new driver unit is £45:oops: can I use a normal led driver with the helialux assuming I match the wattage?
Or has anyone got a spare one lying around they would like to sell ?
cheers jay

Not sure why the guy who accidentally gave away the driver can’t just retrieve it for you
(and cover postage as this is not really anything on you) ... failing that I’d request a partial refund
(no idea how much you paid for the light - which you can’t even test for failed LEDs etc)

I've asked and he can't get it back:confused: He knocked a tenner off so I got it for £20. I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new driver.

Describe it. Most lights like this use switching power supply "drivers" so nothing special.
Plug is another story as is determining wiring but it's not rocket science.

Quick image search found one " driver" listed as 20v 2.4A....

Some 24 v Meanwell power supplies are adjustable to be 20v..

Last edited:
I've just put a bid on a juwel controller on ebay, if I get outbid ill look at getting one of these:D

Back