• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel Helialux Smart control help

Also on the jewel controller you can modify white/blue/green/red colours any guidelines for this setup or is just person preference?

Colour mixes are personal preference really - the plants will adapt (so once you do go for a setup only change to another gradually). Re. Intensity - I checked back in my own journal and I had 48w of T5 light on my 90cm high tech. You’ve got a similar amount but in LED which is more efficient so maybe twice as much light. I think you can run fine at 50% power and as @hypnogogia did only come up slowly (if at all, depends how much pruning you like to do!)

Ok thanks Ray, I know it was said that 7 hours is about right for lights, should I start off low and end low in that time period, if that makes sense?

If you want to do sunrise & sunset you could say ramp up to 50% over 1 hour, then run at 50% for 5 hours, then ramp down to zero. If you want to extend your “lights on” you could potentially run at 10% for an hour or two before and after, but given we have CO2 worries here, I’d avoid that for now.

It would also be fine to just run at 50% for 6 hours which is what most of us did with fluorescent tubes before LED came along (if you were using fluorescent we’d probably have told you to remove or cover one of the bulbs).

Thanks Ray I will amend the schedule, I picked up a sicce voyager nano 2000 after the recommendation last night so will get that fitted at the weekend

Back