• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel heliolux

Lindy

Anyone seen these in the flesh? Noticed them in aquaristik online but couldn't find anything about them in uk.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have been looking into these or the Aquabar T series for a Rio 180. The Juwel heliolux I would need is 45W which seems high for LED. I've been told they will be available the end of the month.

Just got back from LFS which had these (HeliAlux) but not 100mm one for the Rio 180...
Was just about to ask here if anyone knew anything about them. They are listed on Juwels German site (http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/Produk...LED/Helialux-LED-1000-45-W-INT-1000-45-W.html) but not the UK one yet. There is also no spectrum chart as there is for their T5 tubes (Although I found something on a german site)

The specs for the 100cm unit are 45W, 7200K and 5625 Lumen which compare to the T5 unit I have which has two tubes for 45W, 8000K and 2800 Lumen. AIUI this means they are about the same output? (5600 on T5s vs 5625 on LEDs) however the interesting thing I spotted was the controller (http://www.aquaristik-zentrum.at/shop/de/juwel-helialux-led-daynight-control) which allows you to alter the intensity over the day.

I think I have too much light (http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/deficiencies.42284 http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/low-tech-co2-considerations.42308/) so this looks pretty interesting.

I know the T5s are meant to have a too high Kelvin rating to be ideal for plants but someone who knew what they were talking about did say that the actual spectrum breakdown was pretty good so will be interesting how this works for these LEDs and also how good the controller is.

Just got back from LFS which had these (HeliAlux) but not 100mm one for the Rio 180...
Was just about to ask here if anyone knew anything about them. They are listed on Juwels German site (http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/Produk...LED/Helialux-LED-1000-45-W-INT-1000-45-W.html) but not the UK one yet. There is also no spectrum chart as there is for their T5 tubes (Although I found something on a german site)

The specs for the 100cm unit are 45W, 7200K and 5625 Lumen which compare to the T5 unit I have which has two tubes for 45W, 8000K and 2800 Lumen. AIUI this means they are about the same output? (5600 on T5s vs 5625 on LEDs) however the interesting thing I spotted was the controller (http://www.aquaristik-zentrum.at/shop/de/juwel-helialux-led-daynight-control) which allows you to alter the intensity over the day.

The T5 unit is 45watts per tube - so 90watts total.

Where did you get the 2800 lumens figure from? - coincidentally I was trying to find this today.

Cheers, Mark

I have just ordered a Juwel HeliaLux led 1200mm and a day-night controller. I hope to get delivered in the next couple of weeks. I will upload some pictures as soon as I get it.

Thanks - missed that browsing on my phone. Need new glasses:)

So, as you say, roughly the same output for half the power consumption. Seems to be selling for around £160- which would tempt me but the extra £75 for the controller is too much.

Anyone have any idea whether they can use a third party controller?

Otherwise I feel another diy project coming on:)

Cheers, Mark

Hi Mark

Have a look at Ebay item number 182141345657.
Thanks Terry - but when I said '3rd party' - I really had my own diy controller in mind:) though on reflection i could modify the design to work in a similar way.

I'm getting a little frustrated with my T5 unit (or more strictly speaking a friends on long term loan). I've set the tank up for hillstream loaches and the heat from the lights pushes the water temperature up by about 2degrees over the course of the day. Not ideal.

So now costing up a diy led build to see if it's worthwhile in comparison to £159 for the juwel version.

Thanks and regards,
Mark

I have just ordered a Juwel HeliaLux led 1200mm and a day-night controller. I hope to get delivered in the next couple of weeks. I will upload some pictures as soon as I get it.
Got any pics?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The LFS have the LED setup on a Rio 180. The tank is their planted CO2 display that previously had four T5 tubes in.

I had a good chat with the guy and got to play with it. The controller is pretty neat and switching from blue dawn to daylight is pretty smooth. The light does not look as bright as the T5 (it is next to another Jewel tank with stock T5s) but is a nice (softer?) light. The blue moonlight is obviously something you can't get with the T5s. You can set different daily options and set the brightness of the blue and white LEDs separately and define dawn, max and dusk along with the transition time.

In terms of plant growth he says growth has slowed (but they did have 4 T5s) but they are still looking good. They have had the new lights in there four weeks now.

The kit is really polished but hugely (prohibitively?) expensive.

I have the helialux 12000 first time I've gone hi tech and the light is doing amazing

Attachments

• Collage 2017-01-01 14_01_01.jpg
    Collage 2017-01-01 14_01_01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,443
Looks amazing! When you say hi tech are you injecting co2?
Wonder how these would fair by doing the low tech EI method

Hi. Just ordered myself the light unit and controller, I can not wait.
Does anyone have any tips? please.

Just got mine yesterday and set it up on my Lido 120.
Never seen so much light and it really brings out (to me) a washed out look. Plants that I thought looked green were rather lighter in colour (that's what happens after 3 years using the same tubes)
Got the controller on order and will update once had a play around.
I'm liking the design though, have greater access to the tank without the bulbs getting in the way.

Attachments

• IMG_7492.JPG
    IMG_7492.JPG
    936.6 KB · Views: 1,600
Linkinruss. Your tank looks smart. My light are coming tomorrow. Do you think there is to much light?? And can you have to much light??

Linkinruss. Your tank looks smart. My light are coming tomorrow. Do you think there is to much light?? And can you have to much light??
Hi - I'm no expert when it comes to lighting but I am expecting some algae as I've gone from low intensity lights to these. Will be paying close attention to what my plants tell me.

I've setup the controller and only took about 10 minutes to get my desired 24hr lighting period. Finally, no need for a timer plug!!!

Looking forward to seeing the blue lights tonight.

Hi guys. Just to let you know I've got mine all set up and I'm very happy. The brightness is loads more then the previous 2 t5s I had in there before and they were only 3 months old, not sure if that's a good or bad thing?? I've just set the controller to the factory settings and just see from there at the weekend I will probably tweak a little. Looking forward to the sunset phase now .

Back