• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

juwel lighting question?

stressed dave

Seedling
hello all!
can you help me please, im looking for the best lighting to make my plants grow in my juwel rio 125, my tank has got the smaller dia bulbs fitted at the moment, T5's? ?, but im thinking there due for renawal now, can anyone recomend the best lighting for my plants?
thanks for your time
kind regards david

juwel rio 125
fluvel 305 external filter
yeast c02 setup

Hi stressed dave

Do yourself a favour and try not to get bogged down with manufacturers recommendations that you need to change your lamps every x months. You can if you want to, but the Juwel tubes (on a Rio 180 anyway) are ridiculously expensive. I'm running mine till they blow up :lol: . Even then I have a plan in place viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6750
Yes, I know the lamp output degrades over time, but you certainly won't notice the gradual change, and the plants will adapt to whatever light is available. The only time you will notice it is when you replace an old one with a brand new one.
With regards to the 'best' lighting for your plants, you will find conclusive proof around here that states that the plants don't care what colour the light is (excluding extremes of course). So choose the lamps you like the look of and the plants will get on with it.
Below you will find a link to an excellent piece of work by JamesC regarding all sorts of lamp outputs

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=555

One thing less to stress about :lol:

Hope this helps.

Chris

Back