• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel rio 180 filteration

What is it like? Quiet? I have thought about getting one with a thermo option which means I wait another month before purchasing my filter.

Does it still come with the spray bar etc? If this is the case as well as heating the water then might be a good buy as well.

Means less cabling around etc :)

I will look into this. However it is double my budget. Hmmm

Yes, the filter does still come with the spray bar etc. I am unable to hear the filter running, only the CO2 when it switches on. I hope this is some indication of how quiet it is.

I purchased mine from the web for £118. contact me if you require more info.

Regards: Peter

Thanks for the advice and pricing.

I will look into this. :)

R

Hi migt
As you know I'm keeping an eye on the Tetratec ex1200 on ebay as per my previous post. My previous post stated free p&p. :D and it was.
When I looked today they have now added a £9.95 delivery charge. :(
They must read this forum and realised their mistake :lol:
Still a good price though.

Just for your info. Many moons ago I had a 5' Discus tank and had a huuuuuge Eheim filter on that (can't remember the model No.) and it was definitely the business. Crystal clear water and virtually silent. As you've probably worked out by now, they are 'top of the tree' but you also have to pay top dollar. If money was no object I would certainly recommend the Eheims. I've just had to lower my sights somewhat due to my current financial predicament (skint :lol: ).

Chris.

Chris,

I couldnt agree more with the comment about the tree status, whereas money vs quality is a factor that goes hand in hand with such filters.

Since I have only been dabbling with tropical fishes for a few months I have caught the bug and went from a cheapo 77l tank with in built filter to spending money on getting a better filter for that in the tt600 plus.

Then upgrading lights and going from plastic plants to proper live plants. Now after 2 months I read forums and housed a few more fish I went on the path of finding a new tank. I lost a few bids on ebay(last minute ones) and frequently got outbidded by £2 each time. I gave up on getting a 125 and jumped into the 180l tank.

Financially I should not be spending money on such things just for "FISH" and with my wedding coming up next month money is very tight LOL.

I love discus, but in order for me to keep them I have to sacrifice possibly other fishes or upgradng to a very big filter and constant water changes :D

But what you paid for the filter I am slightly envious as my quest to find a filter vs a bigger filter for future(in which I might upgrade the tank to 240l) in the foreseeable future means I have to plan ahead...

Damn this fishkeeping hobby...!!!

Hi migt
Loved my discus too. Very addictive. :D I had 6 in my 5' tank at the time. Ran it for about 4 years, then went back to a community tank.
On a slightly different note, in all my years of fishkeeping I never had much success with plants until a visit to TGM back in April and an introduction to this forum whilst I was there. Now I have to say, with the help from the guys round here, (who certainly know their stuff), my plants have never looked so good. :D
I've learnt tons of useful stuff round here, but it has turned most of my previously gained knowledge on its head, even to the extent that I now even have to take advice from my LFS with a pinch of salt. We live and learn.
mlgt said:
Financially I should not be spending money on such things just for "FISH"
I get that comment off my other half all the time, but she changes the word FISH to PLANTS. :lol:

Hope you continue to enjoy your new found hobby as I still do.
Wishing you all the best for your wedding too. Good luck.

Chris

Thanks,

Maybe I might add an external thermo heater and co2 system as my wedding present lol!!!!

Anyways since you are in surrey fancy meeting up one day? I go to Living waters quite often and know them very well.

Would be interested in talking filters,fishes and stuff.

On the other note, I have decided to up my budget to £150 now and wait for some deals to pop up.

Hi migt
I've been to Living Waters a few times a long time ago. Is that the one in Beddington Lane?
If that's the one it's fairly easy for me to get to and most weekends are OK with me.
PM me if you want to meet up there one day.
Thanks.

Chris.

Back