• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel T5 lighting compatibility

oxy

Seedling
Hi, I have got Juwel Rio 240 tank, didn't set up yet, but wanna know what is the problem with compatibility of t5 lighting?
Are they shorter or longer, different fittings..?
Thx

what about to remove fittings and to put them in a standard length, will it work?

Hi oxy
I believe the electronic ballsat in the Rio 240 is for 2 x 54W lamps and the Juwel lamp length is 1200mm.
The nearest lamp you'll get for this off the shelf is 1149mm @ 49W, so moving the lampholders should allow you to use standard length 49W T5HO lamps.
I have the Rio 180 and I've investigated the whole Juwel lighting outrage (£25-£30 a lamp :wideyed: ) and will be changing my ballast and lamps over to 'off the shelf sizes', when either a lamp or the ballast blows up :D . It transpires that I can replace the ballast and both lamps for cheaper than I can buy a single Juwel lamp :wideyed: .
In the meantime, I'm a great believer in the motto, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it', so I'm just going to run it until the first failure. Never know, I might get lucky and get years out of it :lol: .
You can have a read about my enquries here viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6750.

Chris

Back