• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel Tank Lighting Levels

deadlus3d

Hello,

I would like to run a Juwel 180 l on low tech low light setup.

Do you think I should reduce the existing lighting from this tank to achieve a low light setup (no co2)?

The spec that comes with this tank does not actually tell me how many w per gallon the lights provide.

Many thanks

Do you have the T5 or LED version?

Are you planning minimal or dense planting?

Do u know the wattage of your light?From there can calculate watt per gallon.What plants do u want to keep?

Hi here is the spec:

Product MultiLux LED 100 cm – 2x895 mm W
Length 993 mm
Power 1x895 mm DAY & 1x895 mm NATURE
Kelvin 9000/6500
Lumen 5290

I just want to know how many watts per gallon.

I want to run a no c02 tank but heavily planted with Vallisneria, Swords and Anubias.
I don't want the plants to take three years to grow but at the same time I am aware that
excessive lightning with no co2 can cause algae.

Also I would like to ask is it acceptable to introduce co2 for a short period when setting up the tank to get the plants to grow.
After a few weeks I would then remove the co2 and reduce lighting levels.

Also I would like to ask is it acceptable to introduce co2 for a short period when setting up the tank to get the plants to grow.
After a few weeks I would then remove the co2 and reduce lighting levels.
Yes, quite a few people do that, to get faster growth early on, then slower growth later for less trimming and other maintenance.
Don't worry about watts per gallon, it's not a helpful measure.
I would go ahead with the lights you have, and if you do find the need to reduce the intensity you could add some floating plants.

Ok thanks

Do you have any suggestions regarding a temporary co2 setup to get my plants growing?

many thanks.

if i wanted to buy a professional co2 kit what would you suggest I bought?

I would rather avoid having to change filter pumps and all that so if necessary I would reduce the tank size I would purchase.

if i wanted to buy a professional co2 kit what would you suggest I bought?
https://www.co2supermarket.co.uk/co...stem-kits-single-stage-co2-systems-gsc70.html
https://www.co2supermarket.co.uk/complete-aquarium-co2-system-kits-dual-stage-co2-systems-gsc69.html
https://www.co2art.co.uk/collection...dual-stage-regulator-with-integrated-solenoid

BUT if using CO2 and using the Juwel lights, which I think you will find they are high light region, you will need to increase you filtration flow rate to at least x10 tank volume, as well as dosing decent amounts of fertiliser daily. The Juwel internal 600l/hr filter is way way too small to support high light levels, high fertiliser and CO2. So you are looking at least 1800litres/hour total filtration. I have a Juwel 180 with 600l/hr internal filter and a JBLe1501 1400l/hr external filter as well as a 3200l/hr power head.

many thanks.

one last question if i went for low tech which lights would you suggest i buy to replace the juwel high lights?

thanks

one last question if i went for low tech which lights would you suggest i buy to replace the juwel high lights?
None, work with what you have got. If they are dimmable (Juwel controller ?) then dim them or if not, put foil rings around the tubes, to block say 50% of the light and go with that.

Back