• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel twin T5 without CO2 - who's done it?

Tom

Just thought I'd ask if anyone's running low tech under a Juwel twin T5 light system. I'm rather wishing the old T8 unit hadn't died a couple of years back, as I had to replace it with the new T5 one. Is it possible without CO2 injection? I know the old T8 system worked very well for me for years.

Tom

Thanks George - The tank used to have a covering of Duckweed, but it's disappeared over the last few months for some reason. Until today the rockwork had a 100% covering of BBA too which I'd purposefully let cover everything. There was none on the sand or anything but the rocks, and it looked quite good.

I've just ripped it all out though and I'm going to do something different with this tank. I may elevate certain areas using the rocks, and have areas of potting soil under a gravel layer to try plants in. Either that, or get a couple of Java Ferns on bogwood.

Back