• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

K1 filter media

Luke61188

Seedling
I have a rear tank filter sump that a built into my tank ( red line shows the flow of water)
I have it setup with alfagrog in the first and second chamber. I was thinking about swapping out the alfagrog for k1 media and having a moving bed filter in the middle chamber what do you all think

Attachments

• 53444A62-F48B-4D8D-84E1-D052BC83D0DA.jpeg
    53444A62-F48B-4D8D-84E1-D052BC83D0DA.jpeg
    975.7 KB · Views: 167
You would need an air stone to get it moving, thus for in indoor aquarium, it's a rather noisy concept. But if you don't mind there is nothing wrong with a moving bed filter... Tho moving bed is allegedly the best biological filter media available, because it has the most effective useable surface space to be colonized and as @dw1305 - Darrel says, it has a self-cleaning property, all fun to have and to make but not necessary for a sufficient planted setup. The whole idea behind its development was more aimed toward Koi ponds and bare bottom or plantless tank setups. :)

Back