• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Keep your surface clean with Gouramis

Cheers Mark. So when you say smaller tank, you mean your 90cm ? Or do you mean when you do 60's ? Im currently running my 2078 pro3E with a full length spraybar along the back, but pointing horizontal rather than 45d down and I am thinking I must be losing a LOT of CO2 that way. Would you recommend keeping the spraybar config as is but deflecting down like you say (lets face it, most of the tall plants in a scape, mine included, will be at the back; so there is no need for the CO2 to go horizontal and then down the entire height of the front glass when it could just go diagonally down right?) OR would you think that using the side walls with the spraybar along the side would be better ?

When you run two filters, are they both about equal flow output ?

Thanks for all your replies. In some way it is helping mere mortals like me to get my head round all this.

And I LOVE the theory of diatom avoidance. I wish I had done that from the start but don't think I am getting them now. Although I do still see some dirt on my plant leaves and I cannot believe its "dirt" it has to be some form of algae. My water is crystal :twisted:

Back