• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Keeping HC down..

Aeropars

Does anyone have any bright ideas for getting my HU to stay rooted? I think my angelfish and gourami's might be pulling it up but i cant be sure.

Is there anything i can do to either deter them or to anchor the plant down well? My idea of carpeting the HC is going to the dogs!

I had to send my angel fish on perminant holiday for this very reason, they do it with anything they can get their beeks around.. they seem to want alot of greenery in their diet, theyll destroy riccia, HC, glosso, hairgrass, anything really thats got a small stem..

I just gave up trying to find a way to stop them doing it, even isolating them in other parts of the tank for while, hoping theyd forget.. that didnt work either.

Frolicsome_Flora said:
I had to send my angel fish on perminant holiday for this very reason, they do it with anything they can get their beeks around.. they seem to want alot of greenery in their diet, theyll destroy riccia, HC, glosso, hairgrass, anything really thats got a small stem..

I just gave up trying to find a way to stop them doing it, even isolating them in other parts of the tank for while, hoping theyd forget.. that didnt work either.

See I've never had a problem with Riccia or Glosso and once established, hairgrass. Its just the HC they love to dismantle... i'm not even sure they are eating it as theres a load just floating up at the serface i havent bothered to anchor down again. There is a little bit anchored thats growing happily.

Unfortunatly i'd never get rid of the angels as they are the other halfs favourite fish. Although i could use it as an excuse for another tank out in the hallway...

hehe, i know what you mean.. i was incredibly reluctant to get rid of mine, but i had no choice, they ate an 8 inch lump of riccia in about 5 days, just 3 of them! Im wondering if its down to size, mine were pretty big, so maybe that was half of it.

good luck with the issue though, its a pain

Back