• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Keeping old leafs clean

Aeropars

Hi Guys,

My large tanks coming along slowly but one thing i've always had problems with is the old leafs. On spem plants a lof of them start to look tired and its only the very new growth which makes them look half decent.

I'm at a pretty good level of CO2 and have been dosing easycarbo as well but this doesnt seem to have had any impact.
It appears to a slight brownness at leaf edges which i'm thinking is diatoms and perhaps coupled with a small amount of greenspot.

Anyone got any ideas?

Well, each tank is different so the results in one may not tell you anything about the other. Try adding more PO4 for a few weeks and see if it makes a difference...

Cheers,

Well, it's hard to say really, because I don't have a feel for this particular tank. As a matter of course, when anyone declares "My CO2 levels are good" I immediately suspect that the tank has poor CO2/flow :wideyed: (and that's usually the case 9 out of 10 times). If you're getting diatoms the best thing is a bit of elbow grease first and then cutting the lighting by about 50% for a few weeks. The diatoms will run their cycle and then go away. GSA is normally PO4 but can be induced by poor CO2 as well so try to ensure that both are high.

Cheers,

Back