• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Keeping Solufeed as a stock solution

Mattant1984

I am using Solufeed 2:1:4 three times a week at 6g per dose however is there a way of making this up as a stock solution to use through an auto doser??

How would I know how much to dose to get the 6g and how long would it last??

Many thanks

Hi all,
one I was looking at was a 1.5 litre container ...... I am using Solufeed 2:1:4 three times a week at 6g per dose
So 6 g Solufeed and and 25 mL a dose, dosed three times a week.
So that is 60 doses (25 x 60 = 1500) in 1500 mL.
Sixty multiplied by 6g = 360 g of Solufeed in 1500 mL.
and ~20 weeks dosing (probably more realistically ~16 - 18 weeks )

You can use the same method of calculation for any dosing regime.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,
could that be in tap water or would I need something else ??
Rain or DI water would be better, you could try tap but I think the calcium (Ca++) and bicarbonate ions (2HCO3-) are likely to form insoluble compounds and block the auto-doser. You might be able to acidify the solution enough with citric acid or white vinegar, but starting with RO, DI or rain water would be a lot easier.

cheers Darrel

1673795408856.png

Awesome thanks so much @Zeus I appreciate it.

Looking at the values would you say I need to add anything else at all??

Thanks

Looking at the values would you say I need to add anything else at all??

Much depends on light intensity/duration, plant mass, nutrients in substrate and the amount of fish your feeding, so just keep an eye on the plants, if there healthy then your good. Any plants deficiencies/deformity's then post a pic ;)

The PO4 ppm is a little on the high side, which would be my only observation, others like @dw1305 may comment on this level

Sounds good thanks @Zeus. The plants are currently doing well I'm really impressed with the Solufeed and its costing me pennies compared to when I was dosing TNC complete.

Just need to sort out an auto doser which will make things easier especially for holidays etc.

Says you should add them??
These are to try and keep the stock solution Acidic and from having a bacteria growth bloom (Mould)....plus keeping it fresh!
You can purchase them both from Amazon!

@GHNelson oh right got you thanks for clearing that up, I supose if it's sitting there for up to 20 weeks it could go a little off
Dont think it has any impact on the performance of the solution, just a tad unsightly....best keep it in a dark cupboard!

Back