• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Keetchy's rescaped, 1st Iwagumi tank (Page 7)

Tank showing signs of health again. Yes I know there is a bit of BBA on that Buce (no way near as much as there was last week) but WC is in a couple of days and a trim of old and effected leaves will be done :thumbup:

20200307_162102.jpg

20200307_162114.jpg

20200307_162238.jpg

20200307_162245.jpg

So starting to get the tank prepped for me being away for 6 months in America. A massive thanks to @alto for being patient with me and answering all my questions.

1st step has been reduce the lights to 6hrs. Changed the timer today so will now monitor over the next week or so

Tanks looks crisp mate love the Cory's I've got 9 of them in my 800 but it has no substrate they just dig about in the sand lol make sure you give the ottos some supplement food it dont look like there is enough alge in there to feed them and they will lose weight quickly

Tanks looks crisp mate love the Cory's I've got 9 of them in my 800 but it has no substrate they just dig about in the sand lol make sure you give the ottos some supplement food it dont look like there is enough alge in there to feed them and they will lose weight quickly
Thanks Jay. Them 2 Corys definitely have character. Funny watching them sometimes. As for food for the ottos, will this do? If not, what do you suggest I feed them bud? What about carrots and parsnips?

20200314_052554.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah they like a bit of balanced veg to courgette peppers

And they will love the alge wafer if the get chance on them with the pleco and Cory's

So the tank is struggling a little bit. BBA keeps creeping back in, diatoms on the MC and MC is more of a lime green colour instead of a dark green.

I started noticing the algae more and more after I changed from TNC complete to Ei dosing. I think maybe I'm either adding the incorrect amount of each dry salt to the mix, or I'm dosing the incorrect amount of ferts to the tank.

So the plan is to get a twinstar 900ea (cant afford the sa) and start dosing TNC complete again or something similar

Just wanna get back to a healthy tank again

So after chatting to @Siege and Dave from AG regarding C02 distribution in the tank, I have changed the positioning of spray bar and Eheim surface skimmer.

How tank was yesterday with spray bar on the right of the tank facing the left and the Eheim skimmer on the left facing the right with the diffuser under ther the Eheim

20200321_182008.jpg

20200321_182028.jpg

To how the tank is now with the red line representing the spray bar on the back facing forward and the slimmer also on the back facing forwards. Diffuser has stayed in the same spot under the Eheim skimmer

20200322_170652.jpg

Only issue I can see is I can only see C02 microbubbles in the red shaded area. The right side of the tank has no microbubbles visible

20200322_171344.jpg

I use to have the exact same positioning in my old fluval roma 125. Spray bar on the right hand wall and a skimmer in the back left corner. The only way to get decent flow that way is a DIY spray bar where you have to play with the number of holes and size. I think i had like 9 holes at 3mm powered by a fluval 306.

I use to have the exact same positioning in my old fluval roma 125. Spray bar on the right hand wall and a skimmer in the back left corner. The only way to get decent flow that way is a DIY spray bar where you have to play with the number of holes and size. I think i had like 9 holes at 3mm powered by a fluval 306.
Do you think it'll work as I have it now? I will know in time. As long as the DC is green on the right hand side of the tank then happy days.
My spray bar did have 7 x 6cm holes in it when it was on the side. Now it's on the back it has 20 x 6mm holes.