• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Keetchy's rescaped, 1st Iwagumi tank (Page 7)

Keetchy

So today I drained down the tank and gave it a clean ready for my return back from AG tomorrow.

Tank
48x24x18 rimmed with glass sliders made by ND Aquatics

Filtration
Fluval FX5 with smooth piping instead of ribbed, Eheim surface skimmer, Interpet gravel cleaner

Lighting
LED unit with blue and white LEDs, White and RGB LED strips outside tank for back lighting wired into a dimmer/programmer

C02
Fire extinguisher, dual regulator, JBL inline diffuser

Hardscape
Tropica Aquarium Soil, bogwood, Seiryu rock

Plants
Java Fern
Bucephalandra Red
Bucephalandra Haedes Purple Blue
Anubias
Mixture of Crypts
Monte Carlo Tropica
Eleocharis Acicularis mini Tropica
Staurogyne Rubescens
Pogostemon Erectus
Alternathera Reineckii
Rotala Green
Bolbitis Heudelotii
Hydrocotyle Leucocephala
Hygrophila Compacta
Heteranthera Zosterifolia
Rotala Orange Juice

20200102_165304.jpg

20200102_165322.jpg

Now I need your guys help with positioning the inlet and spray bar, or outlet spouts. So I'm going for an island design so will not have any tall plants at the sides. The tallest part of the tank will most probably be at the top in the middle of the island and that will probably be java fern or something similar. I will also have tall stem plants behind the island.

With this in mind, which setup do you guys think will be best? The first 3 will be using the stainless inlet pipe and spray bar. The 4th option will be using the standard FX5 inlet and outlet.......

Inlet is yellow, spray bar is red

20200102_052125.jpg

20200102_052508.jpg

20200102_070638.jpg

With this one, I'll have one of the outlet spouts angled slightly down and facing the front and the other spout angled parallel to the water surface facing the inlet pipe

20200102_134337.jpg

Last edited:
Well it didnt turn out exactly like we had it in the shop. But this is the 1st attempt. I might make adjustments to it or it could grow on me. I think its cause there is too much space between the pieces of wood. Which I know will be filled with plants once its filled up but it's just hard to visualise it now

20200103_155411.jpg

20200103_155431.jpg

20200103_155452.jpg

20200103_155503.jpg

Inlet and outlet on the same side (1st and 3rd pic in your first post)

Re the scape, you can easily add some more rock, shouldn't be too expensive

Inlet and outlet on the same side (1st and 3rd pic in your first post)

Re the scape, you can easily add some more rock, shouldn't be too expensive
Thanks. I think I'm gonna go with the 3rd pic.

As for adding more rock, i do have more rock to add, it's not the same colour or patterns as the rock in there now. But, I have left gaps in between the rocks because I want to fill them with either carpet plant or small crypts.

Tech all in place and wired up. Just need to make up some wiring to finish off the LED backlight strips. They didn't come with long enough wires attached to them.

I have tied all the wood down to the rocks and to each other with black thread. Fingers crossed they all stay put and they dont float and ruin my layout. Lol.

Filling is in progress........

20200104_215831.jpg

20200104_215827.jpg

20200104_202644.jpg

20200104_202619.jpg

So tank is full and wood has stayed where it was...... just. I could see the slack in the thread taken up so at least the rocks are playing a part more than just aesthetics. Lol.

20200105_144635.jpg

20200105_144643.jpg

20200105_144649.jpg

And I now have a plant list together which I will stick in the tank once AG have all of them in stock

Java Fern
Buce Red
Buce Haedes Purple Blue
Anubias
Mixture of Crypts
Monte Carlo Tropica
Eleocharis Acicularis mini Tropica
Staurogyne Rubescens
Pogostemon Erectus
Alternathera Reineckii
Rotala Green
Bolbitis Heudelotii

Great job! Compliments..

To play with colours and find them have a look here
https://www.december.com/html/spec/colorper.html

The displayed colour and the given RGB percentage is amazingly accurate with light as well.

Then if you want to dim it, divide the percentage down for each colour as evenly as possible.

For example honey - rgb (100%, 90%, 67%) = full power rgb (50%,45%,33%) = 50% overall fade same colour.
or rgb(12%,11%,8%) = also same colour,

Great job! Compliments..

To play with colours and find them have a look here
https://www.december.com/html/spec/colorper.html

The displayed colour and the given RGB percentage is amazingly accurate with light as well.

Then if you want to dim it, divide the percentage down for each colour as evenly as possible.

For example honey - rgb (100%, 90%, 67%) = full power rgb (50%,45%,33%) = 50% overall fade same colour.
or rgb(12%,11%,8%) = also same colour,
Awesome bud. Thanks. I'll check out that link

So a slight change in layout thanks to the brainstorming with @Jason harris

Trident Fern moved from the left and placed at the bottom right to cover up the big gap. Bolbitis from the top centre moved to rear centre and Buce put in its place. And another piece of Bolbitis moved from the bottom across to the left as it was covering the piece of Anubias

20200115_205724.jpg

Back