• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Keeton's 10g nano

Add more CO2/flow. Poor CO2/flow is the reason you have algae and it's the reason for the demise of your glosso.

Cheers,

1/10/09
Update:

Well i kind of had a lover's tiff so to speak with it, and neglected it. For several reasons, everything practically died and the water was constantly cloudy. Managed to sort the cloudlyness which was probably a bacterial bloom from dying plants and all of a sudden the extra co2 has boosted everything (after 10 days). blyxa has stopped melting and is looking better and is turning into a really nice bright green. The hydrophilia so doing really well then suddenly died so i chopped it back to about 1cm in high and has shot up 8 inchs in 10days and have given it a trim today and replanted the trimmings to try and make it abit thicker/dense. I had given up on the glosso completely and just left the dead plant planted because i was to lazy to pull it up lol, but today noticed life! :eek: couple of shoots have grown and afew runners, really happy now.

after some P. Helferi and frogbit now to finish the planting, then just wait for it to fill out. tuesday i ordered a regulator, pneumatic adaptors and a needlevalve for the pressurised system i'll be putting on it. Still need to buy a 500g cylinder, tubing, diffuser, bubble counter and dropchecker but that wont be till next friday unfortunatly.

sorry again for the crap photo pictures need to take some decent ones as the pictures never do it justice.
S5000845.jpg

S5000846.jpg

S5000848.jpg

All Comments and Critism Welcome.

10/10/09
Update:

Wow is all i have too say, looking at the photo's from the previous update everything looks so much better and the blyxa has plumped out and got alot bushier and greener. The hydrophila is growing quicker than i expected tbh about 3 to 4 inches at week which in turn means i have to get the scissors out, this will not be a big deal for alot of you but its quite exciting for me as everythings growing well and looking good (obviously not in photo's below) and the because the glosso has taken off and getting loads and loads of new runners and new shoots appearing. Also super happy with it because i had my first pearling the other day when i was changing the co2 :D.
This week i recieved some amazon frogbit from kiriyama who donated it for free which was amazing thankyou again and have noticed afew new leaf appearing, friday i added 4 white cloud mountain minnows to the tank to keep it going then they will have into my 30g community tank.

*edit* as you can see in the corner of the pictures i have a regulator and needle valve, so pressurised will come soon.

well enough chat, pics.
Again sorry for the crap pictures, will get better ones soon.

S5000851.jpg

S5000852.jpg

S5000864.jpg

Cheers
All comments and critism welcome

Back