• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Kessil Knock off

Nobby Allen

Seedling
Hi all, I'm currently looking for lighting for my aquascaper 600 & just wondered if anyone has any experience with Lumingrow led asta 120 freshwater lights? Really would like some kind of pendant light as the tank is a focal point in the living room.

Cheers,

Nobby.

No experience with that specific model but I can say that I am very pleased with the smaller LED they make (asta 20). Are they as good as kessils? I highly doubt it, but I think they are much better value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No experience with that specific model but I can say that I am very pleased with the smaller LED they make (asta 20). Are they as good as kessils? I highly doubt it, but I think they are much better value.

Cheers pal. I would say it sits between a 160 & a 360 kessil. It's made from aluminium & has a built in fan. For less than £90 i'm wondering if they're worth a shot. Pretty good feedback on amazon too.

This video seems to cover the important details :)

No dimming (not sure if there’s an App for the freshwater version)
Audible fan noise
Some complaints that the gooseneck wasn't strong enough to support the lamp

This video seems to cover the important details :)

No dimming (not sure if there’s an App for the freshwater version)
Audible fan noise
Some complaints that the gooseneck wasn't strong enough to support the lamp[/QUOT
Thanks pal. Still tempted as I'm no going to use the goose necks I'm going to suspend off a aquascaper lighting frame.

Don’t they are as good as kessil’s as kessil’s are made in the US and the manufacturer their own LED boards.
One can make anything look like something doesn’t mean it is.

Back