• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Kessil or Chihiros vivid 2

Kessils or Vivid 2 RGB

• Kessils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vivid 2

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

becks

I’m contemplating changing my vivid 2 for kessils, mainly because I want the shimmer and the more greener look.

The vivid is a great light that produces great growth etc. The photo was taken due ramp up

Attachments

• 17819050-E465-4D28-976D-93F7425BDC6C.jpeg
    17819050-E465-4D28-976D-93F7425BDC6C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85

SRP3006

Vivid for me, I had some kessils, much prefer the vivid. Colour is much better in my opinion. The kessils have a huge following but I much prefer the vivid.

Wookii

Vivid II colour rendition is hard to beat. Moving away to a Kessil would be like giving up 4K TV for VHS.

That being said, I love shimmer too and have been waiting some time for a smaller point source light that uses the combination RGB LED chips used in the Vivid/Solar RGB etc.

Chihiros have recently released a Vivid Mini, which is only 355mm long:

However I suspect it might still be too big to create shimmer.

My hope is that they one day decide to release a smaller Vivid Nano, a similar size to the likes of the AI Prime and Ecotech XR15.

plantnoobdude

Kessils are over hyped imo. saw one in person and wasn't too impressed, very green looking, and the shimmer was rather annoying to look at after a while. especially for the price tag kessil's come with, I'd stick with the lights you have now.

bazz

Hi,
I'm running a single a360x Tuna Sun and I'd disagree with all of the above. With the amber and red LEDs I've never had a tank looking so vibrant compared to Twinstar, before that TMC and again before that 4x different T5s in a single unit.
However for me there is a major drawback 'overspill', a single PS above a 90cm in my living room ensures the photoperiod coincides with natural daylight hours.
I also have a Prime Freshwater running over a 70l albeit on 25% which for me doesn't quite have the edge but for the money is far better value.
Just my 2c
Cheers!

Wookii

Hi,
I'm running a single a360x Tuna Sun and I'd disagree with all of the above. With the amber and red LEDs I've never had a tank looking so vibrant compared to Twinstar, before that TMC and again before that 4x different T5s in a single unit.
However for me there is a major drawback 'overspill', a single PS above a 90cm in my living room ensures the photoperiod coincides with natural daylight hours.
I also have a Prime Freshwater running over a 70l albeit on 25% which for me doesn't quite have the edge but for the money is far better value.
Just my 2c
Cheers!

Just goes to show how much of all this is down to personal preference too I guess - I thought the AI Prime was a far superior light to the A360X when I had them both, in almost every regard. I just couldn't get on with the A360X's very yellow rendition.

I guess ultimately its worth trying out, or viewing, the lights you are considering if you can.

oreo57

Kessils too secretive for my tastes.
Not only that it "appears" they did some stealth upgrades to the "sun" prior to the x's and excluding the 80's improving red rendering.
The 6000-9000k range was too narrow for my tastes .
Someday I may find real proof that over time they tweaked their diodes on the likes of like the 160 tuna sun. Like I said Kessil won't be telling you
Their white has poor cri so it had a particular look.
I do give them credit for " fixing" past err "errors" though.
Note it is a matter if opinion. They def have their strength's and grow things just fine.

becks

I’ve seen kessils in the flesh at riverwood aquatics and I like the natural look they produce. The rendition of my vivid is excellent and I can tweek the colour and temperature rating.

if I got the kessils, I would keep the vivid light. I guess i just fancy a change.

bazz

Good morning becks,
Just in the process of slowly removing stems to let the crypts grow through so tank looking a bit shoddy but I'll post this photo just to show you that you can add a bit of colour with the a360x.
IMG_4807.JPG

Cheers!

BradT

Hi all,

im new and this is my first post.

I ran kessil on my ADA tank for 6 months before changing to Chihiros rgb. All I can say is I wish I had sooner.
I will say Kessill do offer a beautiful shimmer, unique to this brand. Visually spectacular. However at the expense of plant growth.

Thanks