• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Kitchen nano 35L

Awww lovely Seal point?? Cat.
Mine liked old tank water

Yeah she’s a seal point! Lovely little cat, when she’s not dragging rabbits and pigeons through the cat flap that is... natural born killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,
wondered why I was having to top the tank up so much:
I had the same issue with the spare floating plants that I keep on the window-sill, they were suddenly full of green algae and the water level was constantly dropping.

I've kept them like that for the previous ~15 years without this as happening.

One morning I came to the kitchen a lot earlier than normal and watched the cat. First she ate her food, then she jumped up on to the work-top (where she knows she is not allowed), walked across the sink and drank from the "spare plants" containers.

When I come down at the normal time she is always fast asleep in her basket and she never ventures anywhere near the work-tops during the day, other than to <"jump straight up onto the fish tank lid">.

cheers Darrel

So, received some moss from jay on here! Thank you! Super healthy most! Absolute nightmare to to attach with hardscape in tank. But managed to do it, hopefully grows in ok!

Still having serious issues with slime, trying to manually remove it but losing the battle. Any solutions?

Set up the inline diffuser, inline heater and glassware today. Not happy with the lily, too obtrusive, maybe look into a stainless set.
44c5d2026b92c46ee5d8d0cb0614aa50.jpg

Stems coming along nicely, the in vitro are really peeking up!

Some of the older stems from a forum memeber are going brown but showing new growth, when should I trim
Them?

220d846577c8b56904a277f2a673aeb8.jpg

Gave all the anubias and buces a hydrogen peroxide bath as they had slime/brown algae on them. Came out super clean.

56458a4086f9376e3a3c4f6d6666bde1.jpg

Shrimp are settled in and happily exploring the tank. Absolutely love these guys, gonna get another dozen and hopefully get them breeding
418fa7280f7d19ad84228c89f079d985.jpg

5427fb8f178acef544abd1e53427335d.jpg

a5a6153b66e0ee05cdea2e2f8cf7e922.jpg

Will end with a full tank shot!

e07c6870e94491f13452bf4dbd89efc5.jpg

Thanks for looking!

c3c61a696a4c9f425b024a9ea0f14e03.jpg

Quick update pic with more moss, stems and H. Pinnatifida from jay. Thank you again pal!

Inlet/outlet moved to provide better flow, lights upped to 60% co2 upped slightly, all thanks to jay.

Have a java trident on the way and some hydrocotyle verticillata on its way for some added details.

Want to add little bits of details to the front but not sure what yet! Maybe some MC or Monte Carlo! We’ll see!

Last edited:
Looking good mate think the shore line between rocks and sand need to be softened a little do you have any more syeria stone ? If so place in a tea towel or cloth take the hammer to a peice smash it to smaller pieces and drop them around the edge will create a better transition then you can plant hc/mc between and around them go smaller than what you already have almost break it down to a gravel kinda size

Looking good mate think the shore line between rocks and sand need to be softened a little do you have any more syeria stone ? If so place in a tea towel or cloth take the hammer to a peice smash it to smaller pieces and drop them around the edge will create a better transition then you can plant hc/mc between and around them go smaller than what you already have almost break it down to a gravel kinda size

Yeah got plenty left! Will do that next water change! I have done it twice already but during water changes seems to get disturbed!

2b4ebddbc8d25a61462bb24c9c56e436.jpg

3 week update

Added some details to break up the hardscape as suggest again by jay, (may as well be his/her tank ) thank you so much pal!

Not happy with the details yet but will adjust at next water change.

Still waiting on a few more plants but with the current situation I can’t expect fast postage!

If anyone has any scraps of Monte Carlo or Eleocharis Acicularis I’d be happy to pay postage so I can add little details. Can’t condone buying a full pot for the little amount that I need!

Its defo.your tank.mate look nice and clean and well.presented I like to think we are all here to help each other in any way we can are you starting to feel happy with it that's what's really important

are you starting to feel happy with it that's what's really important

Yes mate! Really am! Just want to get the stems nice and bushy! Only time will sort that one!

Hopefully can get them nicely coloured up! Just need to do some research as I don’t think the tropica ferts will do the job!

Back