• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Koralia 1 position in Rio125 with pic

Fred Dulley

Hey.
Very soon a koralia 1 should be arriving and it would be great to hear where people think it should go.
Where ever the koralia goes, a diffuser shall be placed underneath so that the bubbles are shot out by it. Hence finding the best position in which CO2 circulation is most efficient is important. (CO2 junkie now :lol: ) Very eager to find the right place because I feel CO2 has always been a problem in this tank, so would really like to nail it :D
I've done a little diagram :oops: using paint. It shows the 3 positions I was thinking about, but also it shows where the already existing water flows are in the tank.

powerheadposition.jpg

So which position? 1, 2, 3, or another place?

Thanks for the help guys.

Not 3 as it will send water back in a conflicting direction to the outlet from the Juwel filter cancelling out some of the flow.

I have mine in position 1 pointing down towards the carpetting plants at the front. However with your extra filtration (and smaller tank) you might be best using it further forward.

I can't believe you need a Koralia as well as the upgraded flow from the filter and the external in a tank this size though! :wideyed:

Ed Seeley said:
Not 3 as it will send water back in a conflicting direction to the outlet from the Juwel filter cancelling out some of the flow.

Ok, that's what I thought, however LD had one of his koralias shown in that position, and his tank is superb so assumed it was having good effects.

Ed Seeley said:
I have mine in position 1 pointing down towards the carpetting plants at the front. However with your extra filtration (and smaller tank) you might be best using it further forward.

Okee dokee.

Ed Seeley said:
I can't believe you need a Koralia as well as the upgraded flow from the filter and the external in a tank this size though! :wideyed:

Haha. Can't have enough flow :D
I just find that the CO2 bubbles aren't blown around the tank well enough. Have had Cladophora problem for months now. CO2 and flow is the only factor(s) it could be (nutrients, maitenance are fine).

Thanks for the help, Ed.
More comments and opinions appreciated :D

Superman said:
Putting it at #1 position will also pull any muck towards the filter inlet too.

Thanks Clark.
Hopefully not too much that it might pull the debris right past it and just blown out across the tank.
Perhaps position 1, but slightly further towards the front.

Fred Dulley said:
Superman said:
Putting it at #1 position will also pull any muck towards the filter inlet too.

Thanks Clark.
Hopefully not too much that it might pull the debris right past it and just blown out across the tank.
Perhaps position 1, but slightly further towards the front.

I found it helps with mine and I have a similar setup as yours without the internal filter.

Back