• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Koralia 3, in a 4' tank?

Tigermoth

Hi

Just wondering if a koralia 3 would be too much for a 4' (218l) planted tank.

I recently bought a 1600l/h powerhead to use with water changing. I tried it out as a powerhead without the emptying hose attached and omg, it created an unbelievable disturbance in the tank. The koralia 3 is twice the turnover, but apparently doesn't send out as narrow a jet of water.

Any thoughts? I've never seen a koralia in action.

TIA

Cheers Aaron,

It's the only thing left I can think of to try and knock the GDA on the head.

CO2 is right, ferts are right (I think). Only got 2wpg lights when on full, but have turned that down from 3 tubes to 2 (now 1.4 wpg) because of GDA.

Would a koralia 3 give me more chance of defeating the GDA than a koralia 2 in your opinion?

Tigermoth said:
Cheers Aaron,

It's the only thing left I can think of to try and knock the GDA on the head.

CO2 is right, ferts are right (I think). Only got 2wpg lights when on full, but have turned that down from 3 tubes to 2 (now 1.4 wpg) because of GDA.

Would a koralia 3 give me more chance of defeating the GDA than a koralia 2 in your opinion?

low levels of phosphate can cause GDA, many people have success when raising to 2-3ppm

What fert are you using and when are you dosing? If it is dry powders then please state the quantities mixed up.

Thanks.

20g KNO3 in 250ml DI water, dosing 22ml 3 times a week
7.5g KH2PO4 in 250ml DI water, dosing 11ml 3 times a week
15g trace in 250ml DI water, dosing 22ml 3 times a week

4'x18"x15" tank.

Cheers

Hi I have a k2 in my 5 footer and I find it's plenty,good flow all round.
Regards john

Thanks John
- - -
Aaron,
In the above ferts dosing.

"7.5g KH2PO4 in 250ml DI water, dosing 11ml 3 times a week"

That equates to 1ppm I think? Shall I up that to 22ml for a while and see what happens?

Tigermoth said:
Thanks John
- - -
Aaron,
In the above ferts dosing.

"7.5g KH2PO4 in 250ml DI water, dosing 11ml 3 times a week"

That equates to 1ppm I think? Shall I up that to 22ml for a while and see what happens?

Yes it is 1ppm, you could try raising it to 22ml, It should work, if you get a powerhead then point it towards the front glass, or currently, point your filter to the front so it hits the glass and runs down.

Will up KH2PO4 to 22ml. External filter's spraybar is at the top, pointing to front glass. Koralia on its way. :)

Cheers

Hi I have a koralia 3 in a five foot tank and found it too much my discus absolutely hated it and my cardinals weren't too keen either so I am going back to my koralia 1 which I didn't really think was up to the job but if the fish weren't happy then hey. So I will probably have a koralia 3 for sale soon if anyones intersted only used for a couple of days.
Mark.

Back