• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Koralia 900 Nano....am I missing something?

harryH

I bought this Koralia 900 on Ebay and it's running fine, however I want to strip it down and clean.
I have never encountered a problem with a pump or power head before but this one has me scratching my head:banghead:

I suspect it's meant that both halves of the strainer should separate and that by squeezing one half the other should come away but I'm having no luck and don't want to break it.

I looked on Youtube and saw a demo where the pump had 'dimples' where one had to squeeze but mine has no such guides.

It's the older design I think as it has a sucker (no magnetic holder).
Any help at all appreciated..Thanks

Harry

There should be a tiny clasp un the bottom of the grill. It's that bit you need to push on.

Thanks Ian,
My lights are just going down for tonight so I'll have another look first thing tomorrow in case I missed it. I'm sure there must be one somewhere :bookworm: !!.

It looks like this Harry, hope this helps...

image_zpse02937eb.jpg

image_zpsba0a016e.jpg

image_zpsfbb38576.jpg

Attachments

• image_zpse02937eb.jpg
    image_zpse02937eb.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 104
  • image_zpsba0a016e.jpg
    image_zpsba0a016e.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 95
  • image_zpsfbb38576.jpg
    image_zpsfbb38576.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 105
Ian, Thank you so much. It's a piece of cake once you know how:thumbup:.

The thing is the case is different to anything I have done before and that was the problem, knowing how to get into it:lol:. Once inside the innards are same as any other.

The pictures are a great guide and I had it done within seconds :clap:
Many thanks again

Harry.

One suggestion I'd make is to apply a thin smear of vaseline to both the steel pin and the outside of the magnet during maintenance.
This minimizes any potential for noise after putting it back together.

One suggestion I'd make is to apply a thin smear of vaseline to both the steel pin and the outside of the magnet during maintenance.
This minimizes any potential for noise after putting it back together.

I have read about this noise issue on some Koralia's but have to say mine is silent. I wonder if it's just the larger ones that can give off noise? Thanks for the input though and if at any time I get noise, I'll try your suggestion.:thumbup:

Harry.

I have read about this noise issue on some Koralia's but have to say mine is silent

I was about to say mine is silent but then I just remembered it hasn't been in my tank for a couple of months!! :D lol

The older ones needed a small bit of air tubing cutting and placing at the end of the power head. They seem to have corrected it on the new power heads.

The older ones needed a small bit of air tubing cutting and placing at the end of the power head. They seem to have corrected it on the new power heads.

That's interesting, Ian, although mine is silent it is always good to know for future reference.
So do you mean to use a small bit of airline as a 'bearing' at the end of the impeller?
Harry

Yes, it fits just down the shaft, it's a only takes a bit measuring about 2-3mm, and this stops any rattling.

Back