• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Koralia Magnum 5 For Extra Flow

Colin

Hi all,
I have a small problem with BBA and occasionally with BGA, My tank is 6 foot so I currently have two external filters, I don’t have any more room for another external filter so was going to use a Koralia Magnum 5 to increase the flow around the tank. Has anyone had any issues using these. Would I be better to use two smaller ones or would one large one like the Magnum 5 do the trick.
My C02 Drop checker is light green so I believe I have enough C02.
Thanks
Col

Morning I also have 2off externals and I use 2off Vortech ciculation pumps to give me a really good flow. What I found with one big Koralia is everything close, plants fish and substrate got whisked away and the tank eventually, as the flow from one fixed place set in became a washing machine. With the two pumps I can get the flow to react against each other causing an underwater reaction rather than turning the tank in to a whirlpool. The Vortech pumps aint cheap but the are infinattly variable really easy to clean, silent, no heat the motors are outside. They also have a pre-programmed 10 hour 50% power drop for overnight. So the critters get to rest! Regards Colin.

I'd go for 2 pumps as above, much more flexible in where you put them to get the best flow.

Back