• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

koralia powerheads.

tyke_uk

Has anyone had any probs with these powerheads, ive got two korolia 1 in my tank for circulation.One is fine but the other will be working with no probs then start getting noiser a irritating vibration sound.So i cut the electric switch it back on and it ok for hrs then returns checked the impeller seems fine the unit is only couple of months old many thanks.

My koralia 1 does make a vibrating noise. I found the problem was the cone bit you put on the end, if I keep that off then all is quiet but if I put it on its alright for about 5mins before it starts for vibrate

cheers ive got that little piece on ,ill try it without only put it on because i was concerned about fish swimming in and turning the tank to sushi :D

Mine occasionally gets noisy, I just switch it off then back on, usually accompanied by a load of CO2 bubbles being released which seems to be the cause of the noise, at least in mine that is.

My Nano's can vibrate a bit if debris gets trapped on the outside. There can be a problem with some Koralias though where the impeller starts hammering in and out on the spindle. You can solve this by cutting a little washer, to go over the spindle before the impeller goes on, out of soft rubber like the tube foam air diffusers are made of. I think Hydor may even send you some proper ones, if you write and ask, free of charge.

I've also found that the orientation of the unit makes a big difference. Try rotating it around a bit so there's no way any gas bubbles can accumulate in it.

Back