• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

koralia pumps.

hazeljane

Hiya all,

I have two fluval 405's on my 6ft longx15in widex2ft deep and im thinking of getting a koralia pump or 2.
Could you recommend the size or sizes i would need???

Thanks in advance,

Stu. :?

Hi,
What exactly are you trying to achieve? I think that should be the first question that you ask yourself and then go from there.
Regards, Chris.

Assuming you want to up the flow to help with circulation of CO2 and nutrients, I'd probably get 2 smaller Koralias to distribute the flow more evenly, though with two filters you could just use one large pump. I used a koralia 2 on a 1m long, 180l tank and it worked great. I'd look at getting at least enough flow from the koralia(s) to circulate the tank's volume 10x per hour in addition to the filter; their diffuse flow doesn't blast fish and plants around like the output from a filter or a conventional powerhead so you can use much higher flow rates. I'd get a 4 on it's own or two 2s.

Back