• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Krish's 60cm Rescape - 31 Week Old - Countdown to AGA

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 16 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Day 117
IMG_8817.jpg

I have added 2 pairs of Apistogramma Trifasciata
It is the shiny blue jewel aspisto's, stays small and has a great personality.

Apistogramma Trifasciata

Male 1
IMG_8802.jpg

IMG_8794.jpg

Male 2
IMG_8793.jpg

Male 1 and Female 1 Paired up I hope :)
IMG_8795.jpg

Thanks for looking and please leave feeback,
Krish

Those Apistogramma Trifasciata look realllly really cool, so do you have 3 different types of Apisto's now?
Tbh I think its a little over stocked, all those neons AND 2 sets of apistos,

Tanks looking good though so aslong your keeping wc in check and cleaning the filter ect you should be ok.

Give up on he hc man, glosso would of filled that tank twice over by now haha.

Hi all,
I really like Apistogramma trifasciata, I kept them for a while, and they are great fish to keep. The reason I eventually sold mine was that the fry weren't a great seller (I have no idea why, they are a beautiful fish with the most amazing turquoise sheen, but I think in the LFS they became a fairly drab silver/grey and didn't sell), and the males are very aggressive to one another, even when they are sub-adult meaning that I quickly ran out of tank space. Because of this I think you may have trouble with 2 males, the other problem is that they are harem forming, and the male will harass a single female relentlessly when she isn't ready to breed.

cheers Darrel

Hi Krish,sorry to be so up front but i think your setup and plant,s would look 100% better if your husbandry was a bit more regular,the algae on the glass spoils your pics,

good husbandry makes for better and more pleasing viewing,

john.

Lovely Tank, And Love that you ae keeping algae for your gobies.

Liking the pics of the Apistogramma Trifasciata.

Might think of getting a pair.

Hi Everyone,

nayr88 said:
Those Apistogramma Trifasciata look realllly really cool, so do you have 3 different types of Apisto's now?
Tbh I think its a little over stocked, all those neons AND 2 sets of apistos,

Tanks looking good though so aslong your keeping wc in check and cleaning the filter ect you should be ok.

Give up on he hc man, glosso would of filled that tank twice over by now haha.

Hi Nayr,

Only 1 type of Apisto now the Viejita was having a midnight snack on my shrimp I've founded out. I do 3 water changes a week and the tank is well matured, but i should stop adding fish now. I know I should give out on HC but I'm stubon and always wanted a HC Carpet.

dw1305 said:
Hi all,
I really like Apistogramma trifasciata, I kept them for a while, and they are great fish to keep. The reason I eventually sold mine was that the fry weren't a great seller (I have no idea why, they are a beautiful fish with the most amazing turquoise sheen, but I think in the LFS they became a fairly drab silver/grey and didn't sell), and the males are very aggressive to one another, even when they are sub-adult meaning that I quickly ran out of tank space. Because of this I think you may have trouble with 2 males, the other problem is that they are harem forming, and the male will harass a single female relentlessly when she isn't ready to breed.

cheers Darrel

Hi Darrel,

Yep I see why many people wouldnt buy them at there lfs because mine to were drab and dull but when they mature the look stunning. I have not noticed any aggression between the fish, only "flaring" then on backs down and swims off. I founded that my two females stay together and hide in the rocks.
Thanks for the advice!

john starkey said:
Hi Krish,sorry to be so up front but i think your setup and plant,s would look 100% better if your husbandry was a bit more regular,the algae on the glass spoils your pics,

good husbandry makes for better and more pleasing viewing,

john.

Hi John,

No problem with being up front, it helps me too impriove the tank and get onto the chore i'd been dreading. But you are right the algae does spoil the view of the tank. I have tryed to clear most of it now.
Anyone have any tips on cleaning GSA/reducing it?
Thanks for the advice.

Gill said:
Lovely Tank, And Love that you ae keeping algae for your gobies.

Hi Gill,

Thanks and yep the gobies need all the algea they can get but i wish they'd eat it quicker :lol:

Kazuya said:
Liking the pics of the Apistogramma Trifasciata.

Might think of getting a pair.

Hi Kazuya,

Thanks, can you should they are great fish with brilliant colours but are hard to find.

Thnaks for the adive and feedback,
Krish

ahh man shame about the apisto's munching the shrimp :( are they aggressive with any other fish in the tank?

Hi Everyone

nayr88 said:
ahh man shame about the apisto's munching the shrimp :( are they aggressive with any other fish in the tank?

Hi Nayr

I know im gutted. They arent aggressive to any fish as i see him.

Day 126
IMG_9126.jpg

Apistogramma Trifasciata
IMG_9120.jpg

Sorry about the bad pictures, any tips of photo improvements,
thanks for looking,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 17 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Day 132
IMG_9238.jpg

I think I am getting the hang of trimming the bush better now, its getting thicker by the week.
I have ordered some narrow fern which will go in the right hand corner.

Thanks for looking,
Krish

Woah woah woah!! Where's the P.helferi gone :D

PLEASE tear out the hc, and try glosso itd suit the tank and would be a really lusty carpet by now. The tank looks really brown, is it something deffusing the light on top of the tank doing it?

And when can I expect to see some your moss trimmings on the for sale thread haha.

Absolutely love this tank, exactly the kind of look I want to go for. Agree that you should give up the HC though. About to do the same myself. BTW did you use zip ties to tie all that wood together? Assuming you used glue too?

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 18 Week Old.

Hi Everyone

nayr88 said:
Woah woah woah!! Where's the P.helferi gone :D

PLEASE tear out the hc, and try glosso itd suit the tank and would be a really lusty carpet by now. The tank looks really brown, is it something deffusing the light on top of the tank doing it?

And when can I expect to see some your moss trimmings on the for sale thread haha.

Hi Nayr,

I know i shoulf this is i promise you one last try lol. I think my bulbs went a bit wird or when i cleaned the filter the was alot of muck comming out still :( I cant really sell the moss because it is cover in a wird thread like algae.

hotweldfire said:
Absolutely love this tank, exactly the kind of look I want to go for. Agree that you should give up the HC though. About to do the same myself. BTW did you use zip ties to tie all that wood together? Assuming you used glue too?

Hi hotweldfire,

Thanks, i know i should give up but im stubborn and always wanted a hc carpet but this is my last shot. Yep i used zip ties to tire the wood together. No glue need.

Day 139
IMG_9252.jpg

IMG_9248.jpg

Just messing with the lighting and this happened, it sort of reminds me of a sunrise :lol:

In a few days i hope my plants come soon :D
Thanks for looking,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 19 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Day 148
IMG_9294.jpg

IMG_9299.jpg

One of the Amano (Hoping to add a few more of these guys)

Tank has been neglected a for week because of exams :(

Thanks for looking,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 20 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Day 155
IMG_9481.jpg

HC and Blyxa is added.
I was wondering if i should cut the HC down abit since it is abit tall?
The blyxa came in a bit of a bad state and started to melt, hopelly its will recovery...
Just wondering thought does blyxa melt because it needs to get used to its new enviroment?

Thanks for looking,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 21 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Day 163
IMG_9510.jpg

The blyxa melted a lot, i guess that what i get for leaving it at the post office for a day, hopefully it should grown back. The HC is starting to grow as well :D

Thanks for looking,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 22 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Day 170
IMG_9540.jpg

Added the needle fern, but i think it may need a bit of trim to make it more compacted.
Has anyone got any tips on Spirogyra aglae?

Thanks for loking and please leave feeback,
Krish

I dose easy carbo if I see some spots of this algae near glass
I always inject a bit carbo and water 1/4 and dose this in substrate where algae is

Hi Everyone,

sanj said:
I see you did manage to get some of the needle leaf then. :)

Hi Sanj,

Yep indeed I finallly got some. Hopefully it will start more compacted.

alzak said:
I dose easy carbo if I see some spots of this algae near glass
I always inject a bit carbo and water 1/4 and dose this in substrate where algae is

Hi Alzak,

Will do, will it work on green spot algae? And thanks for the tips I will be sure to use it.

Day 177
IMG_9548.jpg

Added a little bit more Blyxa.
I am going to start to trim the needle leaf fern so it gorws compacted.

Thanks for looking and please leave feedback,
Krish

Back