• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Krish's 60cm Rescape - 31 Week Old - Countdown to AGA

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - The Wood Has Arrived!

I've ordered the same sands as you, the ADA AquaSoil Powder Amazonia and ADA Power Sand, have you used it yet? Does it require a lot of washing? I've only tried another type and manufacturer and that required a lot of washing and water changes.

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - The Wood Has Arrived!

bjorn said:
I've ordered the same sands as you, the ADA AquaSoil Powder Amazonia and ADA Power Sand, have you used it yet? Does it require a lot of washing? I've only tried another type and manufacturer and that required a lot of washing and water changes.

I have used the Aquasoil in my nano and it works great I manage to grow a carpet of hairgrass in a few weeks! You dont wash it, that might make wash away the "goodness" asd a heared as a menber on the forum say. It might cloud abit but that'll go away in a few hours or so. You will have to do a few water changes to get rid of the intal amonia spike. But that can also "kick" start your filter if its new.

Hopes this helps,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - Hardscape Done?

Hi Again Everyone,

Just a quick update. The dragon stone I got were too big so. Me and Dad smashed them into smaller pieces.

IMG_8383.jpg

The "New" pieces of Dragon Stone.

IMG_8389.jpg

Here is the layout that I like at the moment. What do you all think? (Ignor the West Bromwich Albion bed cover lol)

IMG_8390.jpg

Here is the anubias that I got from aquamagic. The small anbias's seem to make the wood massive. I think I am going to add some more from my main tank.

Thanks for looking and please leave feedback.
Krish

Looks brilliant, is the wood attached to the rock? I found my mazi wood to be surprisingly buoyant.

Hi Garuf,

Garuf said:
Looks brilliant, is the wood attached to the rock? I found my mazi wood to be surprisingly buoyant.

Thanks for the feedback and I am planning to soak the wood for a few days. I have found that manzi sinks in a day or 2 in my betta tanks. But the rocks would be pilled up on the wood.

Thanks for looking and be sure to leave nore feedback,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - Half the Plants have Arived!

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update. 1/2 the plants have arrived today some from The Green Machine and from a new store called The Plant Tank which I think is a madienhead branch guessing from the bag they sent the plants in.

IMG_8395.jpg

Hygrophila Pinnatifida, Blyxa Japonica, Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Mi Oya', Weeping Moss and Pogostemon Helferi.

IMG_8397.jpg

Hemianthus Callitrichoides Cuba and Rotala Rotundifolia.

Both shops offered great service and quick shipping. I am hoping to get it up and running by Saturday as long as the rest of the plants and other equiement get here on time.

Thnaks for looking,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - Half the Plants have Arived!

Hi Sanj

sanj said:
Dont order any more stuff online over the next week what with all the delays... my pfk hasnt even turned up, its 2 weeks late.

Did you order the Manzanita from Tom?

My last order of plants was from Asia and I hope they will come in a few day I hope, I been unluckly with snow... I hope you PKF gets to you and yes the wood is from Tom and he even throws you in some extra pieces!

Thanks for looking,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - Tank Is Planted!

Hi Everyone,

It has happened the tank is now, at last done :D. I started at 5.00pm on Tuesday 21st and finished at 12.10 am :lol: It was a pain to take out all the mucky gravel and to catch the fish. Especally the stiphodons they are quick swimmers and great jumpers :bored:. However, all done in about 6 hours, a great way to pass the time :D I was lucky that all my plants arrived on the day because I had half the planted still waiting in their boxs slowly dieing away, but now it seems that they are making a recovery.
Sorry about this part being picture heavy.

IMG_8412.jpg

Tank cleaned and washed.

IMG_8414.jpg

ADA Power Sand went in first.

IMG_8415.jpg

ADA Aquasoil Amazioa went in next, I made sure that I tired to slope it upwards near the back.

IMG_8416.jpg

Hardscape went in the wood was a bit too wide so I had to break some of the branches off :? Almost every brach has one kind of moss on, I am still waiting for one more type of moss to come through, lets see if anyone can guess it?

IMG_8418.jpg

My Tray of Plants all seperated.

IMG_8419.jpg

And finally the tank planted up and ready to be filled.

However, I could'nt get a filled up tank shot because when I turned my filter on the whole tank just went a mucky, dirt colour and there was lots of dirt on the aquasoil...

Anyways thanks for looking,
I'll being updating again in a few hours or days if the tank clears up :D
Krish

This is going to look awesome when it grows in, especially all the mosses on the wood, great work and keep the pics coming!!

just wondering did you use aquasoil amazonia 1 or 2? and did you get the powder or the normal?

setup looks great mate, nice planting coverage too, i love the wood with the moss, its going to look really nice once its grown out, im going to be getting my plants from theplanttank too, cant beat the prices!

Hi Everyone,

Firstly thanks for the positive feedback!

pest control said:
Wow, it's looking great. I especially like the positioning of the wood. :thumbup:

Cheers Pest Control, the wood took for ever to get it into the right place.

Rowly said:
This is going to look awesome when it grows in, especially all the mosses on the wood, great work and keep the pics coming!!

Thanks Rowly, same here I really can't wait to see what it will look like when it's matured. The moss is gonning to be the hard part because of getting the trimming right. I sure will be putting more pics up very soon.

fozziebear said:
just wondering did you use aquasoil amazonia 1 or 2? and did you get the powder or the normal?

setup looks great mate, nice planting coverage too, i love the wood with the moss, its going to look really nice once its grown out, im going to be getting my plants from theplanttank too, cant beat the prices!

Thanks Frozziebear, I used Aquasoil Number 1 with the powder form so that the plants get there root into it early, espically the HC, ThePlantedTank is brilliant one of the best plant sellers (Forum Sponser maybe :lol: ) I got 9 pots of HC for £21.00 Bargin 8).

Thanks for looking,
Krish

Look great Krish, more pics lets see what it looks like now, you can never have enough!

Andy

Hi Again Everyone,

andyh said:
Look great Krish, more pics lets see what it looks like now, you can never have enough!

Andy

Cheers Andy, You wish has came true my friend lol :lol:.

Day 3
IMG_8462.jpg

Here is the tank, what do you think? I think that I need a nice bright green between the middle- behide the wood.

IMG_8457.jpg

Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Green Geko' - Beatuifull small bright green Cryt, I can't wait to see when it matures and turns different colours.

IMG_8460.jpg

Hygrophila Pinnatifida - Works realky well with the wood, kinda like when you see trees in the forrest you see the ferns next to them, thats why I like it lol.

IMG_8459.jpg

My first try at a classic HC pealing shot and also another first for me PEARLING :D.

I am also having a problem with dirty aquasoil - any tips?

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, :D
Krish

looks good mate.

Though, did you use a fire hydrant to fill it?...kidding

It's new soil right? where's all the bits come from? you'll need to siphon all of that out.

For me, filling is a critical part. i always aim for spotless water from the off.

Hi Everyone,

nelson said:
thats brilliant Krish :clap: .

Cheers Nelson :D

Mark Evans said:
looks good mate.

Though, did you use a fire hydrant to fill it?...kidding

It's new soil right? where's all the bits come from? you'll need to siphon all of that out.

For me, filling is a critical part. i always aim for spotless water from the off.

Thanks Mark, It's new soil, the bits came from my filter when I restarted it.I aggree with you filling is critical it can destory you aquascape if it goes wrong. I was spotless at first then when I turned it on, the dirt started to fly around the tank.

Just a quick question is it normal for some HC and Pogostemon Helferi to melt away after it's planted from its emersed form?

Thanks for looking,
Krish

Krish's Bettas said:
Just a quick question is it normal for some HC and Pogostemon Helferi to melt away after it's planted from its emersed form?

Yes and no; it's a tough one!

I think it all depends on the conditions it came from.

I've had many HC scapes and found everyone to be different. Sometimes it'll melt, sometimes not. Recently, it melted.

Water Changes are vital to ensure you rid yourself of ammonia, keep co2 high and ferts at high levels.

Krish's Bettas said:
the bits came from my filter when I restarted it.

I'd suggest cleaning that filter. If that's what came out, imagine whats in it o_O

one thing i do if i switch a filter off and clean it is: get a fish net and place it over/in front of the outlet! this will catch any debris, even small stuff :thumbup:

Back