• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Krish's 60cm Rescape - 31 Week Old - Countdown to AGA

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - Tank Is Planted!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry about all the updates, but I thought I might upload some pictures of the new fish.

Mark Evans said:
Krish's Bettas said:
Just a quick question is it normal for some HC and Pogostemon Helferi to melt away after it's planted from its emersed form?

Yes and no; it's a tough one!

I think it all depends on the conditions it came from.

I've had many HC scapes and found everyone to be different. Sometimes it'll melt, sometimes not. Recently, it melted.

Water Changes are vital to ensure you rid yourself of ammonia, keep co2 high and ferts at high levels.

Krish's Bettas said:
the bits came from my filter when I restarted it.

I'd suggest cleaning that filter. If that's what came out, imagine whats in it o_O

one thing i do if i switch a filter off and clean it is: get a fish net and place it over/in front of the outlet! this will catch any debris, even small stuff :thumbup:

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the advice, at this rate my HC seems to be melting away... I cleaned the filter out and now the water looks much more clearer.

chilled84 said:
Looks very nice, But you going to have one hell of a time trimming the stems in the rear with that Manzi like like.

Hi Chilled,
Thanks and tell me about, I was hard ebough trying to plant them, I am hopping to get super long siscors to prune them.

Day 4
IMG_8493.jpg

IMG_8471.jpg

My new stiphodon he has coloured well and he has awsome ble/green cheecks.

IMG_8483.jpg

Feeding time for my cardinal tetras.

IMG_8481.jpg

Another view of the tetras.

IMG_8502.jpg

I am thinking about thinning out the Pogostemon Helferi bush. What do you think?

IMG_8500.jpg

The depressing sight of HC melting :( .

The substrate has cleared up now, the stems are growing super quick!

Thanks for looking,
Krish

I'd have waited before adding the fish, you have much more room to nuke the tank with co2 without having to worry about killing 'em all. The scapes really nice but it really should be clear by now, surely?

Gotta agree with Garuf on that one, would of helped a lot with the HC, no big deal tho,

What is kinda a big deal is that its day 4 of an ada substrate system tank and there's livestock in already?
What about the ammonia spike????

Let the P.helferi get its roots in then have a decet trim IMO

Nice layout though :)

Him Guys and Girls,

Garuf said:
I'd have waited before adding the fish, you have much more room to nuke the tank with co2 without having to worry about killing 'em all. The scapes really nice but it really should be clear by now, surely?

I would have liked too, but I was given some fish as a birthday gift and I could'nt leaved them in the bag for too long. The tank cleared up the next morning after that picture was taken :D .

nayr88 said:
Gotta agree with Garuf on that one, would of helped a lot with the HC, no big deal tho,

What is kinda a big deal is that its day 4 of an ada substrate system tank and there's livestock in already?
What about the ammonia spike????

Let the P.helferi get its roots in then have a decet trim IMO

Nice layout though :)

True so true, I would really help the HC out alot, My secret is that I used it used very matured media from my old filter (which has been running for a few years) and changed the water 90% every day and also tested the water everyday.
Should I leave the P.helferi for another week to root in and then give it a trim then?

Thanks for the help and thanks for looking,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 2 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

2 Weeks has finally passed any everything has seemed to have gone well :D

Day 14
IMG_8511-1-1.jpg

IMG_8516.jpg

Flame moss is starting to grow again.

IMG_8514.jpg

Green Geko starting to send out new leaves.

IMG_8517.jpg

Pogostemon Helferi has stated to grow it's criccly leaves, it looks really nice.

IMG_8519.jpg

Rotala Rotundifolia has grown at least 5-8cm already!

I had a bit of die off from the HC. The moss most browned off (weeping moss was affected really bad) but now there bits of bright green moss. Also all the crypts are starting to start growing new leaves.

Thanks for looking and please leave feedback on what I can improve to the scape.
Krish

can i ask, whats around the bottom of the inlet, around the power head, and is there floating stems?

I dont want to be critical, but i feel you need to really clean up old leaves and remove anything thats not planted.

I think if you dont, you could be in danger of losing the whole thing.

If a crypt leaf is yellow cut it off, if stems are melting, cut them down etc ect. W/C at least 3 x per week

Hi Mark,

Mark Evans said:
can i ask, whats around the bottom of the inlet, around the power head, and is there floating stems?

I dont want to be critical, but i feel you need to really clean up old leaves and remove anything thats not planted.

I think if you dont, you could be in danger of losing the whole thing.

If a crypt leaf is yellow cut it off, if stems are melting, cut them down etc ect. W/C at least 3 x per week

It was HC stems and some ratola after I changed the water the unrooted... After I saw your post a have cleaned up all the leaves and plants. - I guessing if I left it, it'll cause an anomonia spike?

I have cut the yellow crypt leaves off , I have cut all the melting HC. How much of the water should I change I am usally changing it 2x week 15%.

Thanks for the help,
Krish

Krish's Bettas said:
How much of the water should I change I am usally changing it 2x week 15%.

At least 50% mate, and if it were me, 3 x per week. definitely 2 x. :thumbup:

you wanna be doing 50% twice a week, if you did 15% twice a week for the first two weeks i would up the water changes to 50% every other day

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 3 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Just a weekly update. I have added some ottos and 2 amano shrimp.
Have anyone got any tips on how to see the amano shrimp more?

Day 20
IMG_8520.jpg

Again any tip to encourage the shrimp to come to the front of the tank?

Thanks for looking,
Krish

Firstly let me say the tank is looking great, you have been obviously listening to the advice!

In term of getting the Amano shrimp out, i always find a Hikari algae wafer at the front helps! Once your tank gets a little more plant mass you will see them more as they will feel more secure with more cover.

Looks much better now krish. Keep on top of water changes n picking all the little bits of leaves ect out of the water. :)

Its gonna mature into a really good looking scape mate I'd be really happy with it, apart from the flame moss on the wood haha. Don't know how that's gunna look in a month of 2. I think you need something amongst the branches at there base, and a long vallis like plant along the back on the right, I can't quite remember the name but I did order something that sounded like P.helferi but was a ling vallis looking plant? Ill find out I fink it'll suit the scape so sooooo well.

One last thing ... Well done mate :)

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I could'nt reply seems like the new forum did'nt like my user name :lol: But all is well now.

Bobtastic said:
How have you found cleaning the tank with all the pointy bits of wood in there?

Has it caused you any problems or injuries?

Hi Bobtastic,
It has been I little tricky but I still get my maintance done in an hour. No injuries so far :D

andyh said:
Firstly let me say the tank is looking great, you have been obviously listening to the advice!

In term of getting the Amano shrimp out, i always find a Hikari algae wafer at the front helps! Once your tank gets a little more plant mass you will see them more as they will feel more secure with more cover.

Hi Andy,

Thanks, I use the Hikari Algae wafers for my stiphodons so I hope I am see the shrimp at the same time.

nayr88 said:
Looks much better now krish. Keep on top of water changes n picking all the little bits of leaves ect out of the water. :)

Its gonna mature into a really good looking scape mate I'd be really happy with it, apart from the flame moss on the wood haha. Don't know how that's gunna look in a month of 2. I think you need something amongst the branches at there base, and a long vallis like plant along the back on the right, I can't quite remember the name but I did order something that sounded like P.helferi but was a ling vallis looking plant? Ill find out I fink it'll suit the scape so sooooo well.

One last thing ... Well done mate :)

Hi Nayr,

Thanks, yep I have been keeping on top of them so far. Same here it could look like anything in the next few months. The vallis plant you are thinking of maybe cryptus helferi(splet it wrong i'd bet ya lol). And heyyyy whats wrong with my fame moss lol just kidding :lol:

Thanks for the help and thanks for looking,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 4 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd updated this abit more because I think that the tank has changed bit since the last week.

Day 29
IMG_8540.jpg

Here is the full tank shot, I think the past week the moss has started to grow rapidy.

IMG_8542.jpg

The crypts are now sending out new leaves every couple of days, I cant waity till grow abit taller. I have been prunning them to try and keep them compacted.

IMG_8543.jpg

Hygrophila Pinnatifida is growing faster and is getting redder. It's a very unique plant. I have been prunning it and replanting the plantlets.

And finally some fish pics :D

IMG_8531.jpg

The "Red Neon" Stiphodons chilling and cleaning my Crypts leaves.

IMG_8535.jpg

Again Stiphodons grazzing on the rocks, I am hoping to keep that rock clear of plants so I can observe them.

I am hoping to prune the moss on the weekend (and may give some away to you lucky lot lol).
Please leave feedback and improvements please they really helps alot.

Thanks for looking,
Krish

The forums are all quiet lately don't take it personally. It's looking good, keep the co2 high and the water changes regular and you'll be sailing.

Looking nice mate, this is a scape thats right up my street, with all the wood..... it looks as if you've made a really good start. All the plants are showing good signs of growth from the first set of pics to latest. Watch the Hygrophila Pinnatifida, mine was really taking off, then suddenly all died back over the space of a month due to xmas moss shading it from the light....was gutted! I love the Stiphodons! used to have 6 of those little fellers....very good looking and great character! Keep up the good work!

Ben

didnt notice this update,

growing in well though aint it krish, hows it going gernerally? upkeep alqae ect? HC looks to be doing well, remeber to keep it trim n low.

i so soooo badly want a goby! where did you get him? he looks amazing

cheers

Back