• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Krish's 60cm Rescape - 31 Week Old - Countdown to AGA

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 4 Week Old.

nayr88 said:
didnt notice this update,

growing in well though aint it krish, hows it going gernerally? upkeep alqae ect? HC looks to be doing well, remeber to keep it trim n low.

i so soooo badly want a goby! where did you get him? he looks amazing

cheers

Plus 1 on goby!I love them too. I want one.

Hi Everyone,

Garuf said:
The forums are all quiet lately don't take it personally. It's looking good, keep the co2 high and the water changes regular and you'll be sailing.

Thanks for the advie Garuf I be sure to use it.

B7fec said:
Looking nice mate, this is a scape thats right up my street, with all the wood..... it looks as if you've made a really good start. All the plants are showing good signs of growth from the first set of pics to latest. Watch the Hygrophila Pinnatifida, mine was really taking off, then suddenly all died back over the space of a month due to xmas moss shading it from the light....was gutted! I love the Stiphodons! used to have 6 of those little fellers....very good looking and great character! Keep up the good work!

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks, looks like I'll have to keep track on the moss in to the Hygro. Stiphodons are great fish with real character, i think I have about 12 of them all living together.

Themuleous said:
Love the first photo with the cardinals, I never see that many in my tank! I really must try Hygrophila Pinnatifida at some stage, looks like a great plant.

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks, Cardinal look great in this set up IMO there bright blue contrasts with the dark greens of the plants. Try Hygro it is a really nice fern like plant.

nayr88 said:

growing in well though aint it krish, hows it going gernerally? upkeep alqae ect? HC looks to be doing well, remeber to keep it trim n low.

cheers

Hi Naryr,

I having a few aglea problems like thread algea growing on the moss. I will start to trim it next week. I get the gobys from many MaidenHead stores around the UK.
chilled84 said:
nayr88 said:

cheers

Plus 1 on goby!I love them too. I want one.

Hi Chillied,

I now think that everyone wants a goby now :lol:

Thanks for Looking,
Krish

Hi Everyone,

Tiem for an update,

Day 38
IMG_8556.jpg

IMG_8548.jpg

Here is a shot of a Blue Neon Stiphodon they are my favourite ones as you can proberly see why.

IMG_8562.jpg

IMG_8561.jpg

Here are some of the Stiphodons chilling on the dragon stone.

IMG_8547.jpg

My new shrimp aclimating.

IMG_8555.jpg

Here is one of the shrimp coloured up, sorry about the picture.

IMG_8559.jpg

Here's the tank at a different angle, what do you think?

Thanks for looking please leave feedback (it helps alot)
Krish

Trim your bush!!!!

Give the moss a trim, also give the rotala a trim and replant, the P.helferi could do with a trim just to replant it so its more uniformly planted across the front. Please get some C.helferi or vallis in the back right corner, maybe some java fern narrow amongst the banches?

What's the deal with the HC? I can't see to much detail on my bb, I think this is doing much as its been planted in clumps rather then a few sprigs, trim it low loooow down n it should get a move on.

Other than thatt the tanks looking really healthy :)

Where did you get the gobies there amazing! And like tom I can't seem to find them in any shops.

Cheers

Hi Everyone,

Tom said:
I like the moss on your wood, and those Cardinals (with the odd Neon!!) look great in there! great colour on them. I've seen several tanks with these gobies too, but never seen them in shops.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks, I think the wood on the moss makes the tank look aged. The odd neon was from my odd tank, they are round 5 years old! I found feeding high protein foods it makes the colours brighter. The Gobies are an oddball fish so there pretty rare to find still.

nayr88 said:
Trim your bush!!!!

Give the moss a trim, also give the rotala a trim and replant, the P.helferi could do with a trim just to replant it so its more uniformly planted across the front. Please get some C.helferi or vallis in the back right corner, maybe some java fern narrow amongst the banches?

What's the deal with the HC? I can't see to much detail on my bb, I think this is doing much as its been planted in clumps rather then a few sprigs, trim it low loooow down n it should get a move on.

Other than thatt the tanks looking really healthy :)

Where did you get the gobies there amazing! And like tom I can't seem to find them in any shops.

Cheers

Hi Nayr,

I was going to trim the bush when its grown to the top of the tank so I could start to shape it. I'll try and get some vallis but my pockets bit empty at this time :( I might try the narrow fern though. The HC is problem I got alot of die back. I think your right trimming it low so I will do that tommorow. The gobies are found pretty much in every MaidenHeads.

Thanks for looking Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 5 Week Old.

Loving it! Mate...... Do think about trimming those stems mind and replanting them as they'll grow back nice and bushy and give the tank a real mature look!

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 5 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the slow replies, I will post a picture update latter today.

B7fec said:
Loving it! Mate...... Do think about trimming those stems mind and replanting them as they'll grow back nice and bushy and give the tank a real mature look!

Hi Ben,

I am going to trim them today. I am planning to slope it downwards towards the left hand side. I will show a before and after trim picture.

Thanks for looking,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 6 Week Old.

it's taking shape nicely.

I cant emphasize enough though, the importance of keeping the tank clean. Powerheads always fall pray to floating bits of plants. The get stuck and start to rot.

It's a 5 minute job to keep it clean. :thumbup:

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 6 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Mark Evans said:
it's taking shape nicely.

I cant emphasize enough though, the importance of keeping the tank clean. Powerheads always fall pray to floating bits of plants. The get stuck and start to rot.

It's a 5 minute job to keep it clean. :thumbup:

Hi Mark,

I guess that if the powerheads get full of floating bits the powerhead would start to lose flow. I guess most of it is down to my lazyness by cleaning it :oops:

Day 47
Before the Trim:
IMG_8564.jpg

After the Trim:
IMG_8566.jpg

Please tell me if I have trimmed it right and any other tips to trim the stems.

Thanks for looking and please leave feedback,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 7 Week Old.

Hi Everyone

Here is the tank:

Day 52
IMG_8575.jpg

I think I may have to trim/thin out the crypts a bit. The Hc is starter to carpet a bit better now.
I was thinking out putting some needle fern in the back left hand corner of the tank? What do you think?

Thanks for looking and please leave feedback,
Krish

Looking very nice! Have you trimmed your moss? It doesn't look like there is much change in it from picture to picture, but that might be just me. I made the mistake of not trimming it and it got out of hand and broke free...

I think adding something to the back left will disrupt the "triangular" shape you have atm. A needle fern in the right corner may add something to a more jungley feel?

It's improving week by week. Well done mate.

Maybe trim the moss :thumbup: ...oh, and clear that korolia! :lol: i'll keep on at you, you know ;)

Looks very nice indeed, Krish. Congratulations!

Krishs Bettas said:
I was thinking out putting some needle fern in the back left hand corner of the tank? What do you think?
I think needle fern would look great, but placed on the right, attached to the 'clean' and most horizontal piece of wood. This would add a nice focal point that also happens to conform with the golden ratio... :thumbup:

Looking good Krish, really is growing in nicely.

As Mark said keeping it clean does help loads, though you have high stocking level its looking pretty good so you can't be doing mopre than your letting on haha. The Fern would look cool mate.

Cheers mate.

Looking great, always good to see what people do with the smaller aquariums like this and mine :)

You have the same tank/light setup as me, and I am about to rescape myself!

Looks great, terrific thread!

How do you think the cardinals like the powerhead? I'm concerned about having one in such a small tank because the fish might suffer from the flow..

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the late replys.

Bobtastic said:
Looking very nice! Have you trimmed your moss? It doesn't look like there is much change in it from picture to picture, but that might be just me. I made the mistake of not trimming it and it got out of hand and broke free...

I think adding something to the back left will disrupt the "triangular" shape you have atm. A needle fern in the right corner may add something to a more jungley feel?

Hi Bobtastic,

Thanks the moss has'nt been trimmed yet but i am planning to trim it on the weekend. It has'nt changed much to be fair but i guess it needs more time to mature. I better get trimming then lol. Thanks for the advice for the fern.

Mark Evans said:
It's improving week by week. Well done mate.

Maybe trim the moss :thumbup: ...oh, and clear that korolia! :lol: i'll keep on at you, you know ;)

Hi Mark,

Thanks. Looking like its trimming day this sunday :lol: I will keep making sure that the korolia is clear lol.

George Farmer said:
Looks very nice indeed, Krish. Congratulations!

Krishs Bettas said:
I think needle fern would look great, but placed on the right, attached to the 'clean' and most horizontal piece of wood. This would add a nice focal point that also happens to conform with the golden ratio... :thumbup:

Hi George,

Thanks, I will try and gets some needle fern. I'm glad the the tank fits the Golden Ratio.

nayr88 said:
Looking good Krish, really is growing in nicely.

As Mark said keeping it clean does help loads, though you have high stocking level its looking pretty good so you can't be doing mopre than your letting on haha. The Fern would look cool mate.

Cheers mate.

Hi Nayr,

I am starting to see why to keep it clean now it really does helps alot in the long run. I know my fish levels are high :oops: but I guess if i keep on changing the water several time a week the fish and plants will be okay (I hope).

chilled84 said:
Well done. You have come a long way. You should be chuffed. :D

Hi Chilled,

Thanks, I am ver happy with tank, it's so relaxing just to watch it!

nry said:
Looking great, always good to see what people do with the smaller aquariums like this and mine :)

Hi Nry,

Thanks, i think that smaller tanks look better and that they are make the scale of the tank look bigger if you know what i mean.

whatok said:
You have the same tank/light setup as me, and I am about to rescape myself!

Looks great, terrific thread!

How do you think the cardinals like the powerhead? I'm concerned about having one in such a small tank because the fish might suffer from the flow..

Hi Whatok,

Thanks, the cardinals do find with the 2 powerheads and the filter. I dont think it would be an issue with having lots of flow in a small tank over time the fish will get used to the flow. If you look at the picture before this one you can see the cardinals in the flow of the tank.

I cant wait to see your rescape!

It looks like i have to find some neeedle fern,
Thanks for looking,
Krish

Back