• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Krish's 60cm Rescape - 31 Week Old - Countdown to AGA

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 8 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Not much has changed yet but I hope in a few months it will start to change a bit with the bush at the back, HC Carpet and the Crypts.

Day 61
IMG_8580.jpg

On the weekend I am going to thin out the Crypt "Green Geko" and Pogostemon Helferi might have some up for sale if anyone wants it.

Here my little edit on paint of some things I want to change/add to the scape over a few weeks.
Tank.png

Red Circle - Hygrophila Pinnatifida its too distracting for me in the middle of the tank so I am moving it into the corner.
Green Branches - Fissidens fontanus is going to be added to make it feel more of a forest feel and I think its a great moss.
Blue Branch - Weeping Moss is going to be added there so i can see it "weep".
Orange Branch - Moss I want a new moss that I dont have in the tank. Any recomendations? Please?

Thanks for looking an please leave feedback,
Krish

P.S. I clean out the Powerheads and the Filter Inlet Pipe ;)

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 9 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the late update,

Day 69[/b
IMG_8581.jpg

I have trimmed the moss at the back, hopfully it should grow back.

IMG_8590.jpg

Spiky Moss Pearling

IMG_8585.jpg

IMG_8593.jpg

Lastly some of the cherry shrimp, i also found 3 berried females :D So hopefully i might see some shrimplets soon

I like to do weekly updates so that I can see how the tank matures each month.

Thanks for looking and please leave feedback,
Krish

Hi Krish

How are the Armano shrimp getting on? Do you see much them now the the tank is maturing abit?

Please keep us updated on the developement of your shrimplets :D Hope it all goes well for the moms and for you

coming along nicely. :thumbup:

I've suffered that algae in moss, like which youve got...It's a pain! I actually could not get rid of it

Hi Everyone,

greenjar said:
Hi Krish

How are the Armano shrimp getting on? Do you see much them now the the tank is maturing abit?

Please keep us updated on the developement of your shrimplets :D Hope it all goes well for the moms and for you

Hi,

The amano shrimp are doing great. I do see them more now i guess they got there confidence to venture to the front of the tank and thanks :D

Mark Evans said:
coming along nicely. :thumbup:

I've suffered that algae in moss, like which youve got...It's a pain! I actually could not get rid of it

Hi Mark,

Thanks and that algea is really hard to get rid of and it is also really sticky and string to touch :? I wish i knew away to get rid of it anyone no?

Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 10 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

I cant belive i made it to 10 weeks without any mojor problems.
Be warned this thread is going to be picture heavy....

Day 73
IMG_8652.jpg

After seeing Andy's Apistogramma I have decied to get a pair too.
Apistogramma Viejita
IMG_8644.jpg

IMG_8655.jpg

IMG_8607.jpg

IMG_8608.jpg

Amano Shrimp
IMG_8627.jpg

IMG_8659.jpg

I have spotted another 10 berried cherry shrimp bring my total to 13 berried shrimp.
Cherry Shrimp
IMG_8631.jpg

IMG_8671.jpg

IMG_8624.jpg

IMG_8638.jpg

Cardinal Tetra
IMG_8660.jpg

Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 10 Week Old.

Hi all,
Looks really good, watch the Apistogramma with your RCS. Mine have had a lot of live food and they love eating cherry shrimps. Other people have kept Apistogramma and shrimps successfully, possibly because they have fed theirs exclusively with pellets. It is worth getting a Grindal worm culture for some live food, both your Tetras and Apistogramma will eat them with relish. The cultures are ever so easy to care for and cost pennies to keep. PM if you can't find one for sale (should be some sellers on EBay).

You probably already know this but the Apistogramma are actually A. macmasteri. A. viejita is probably not present in the hobby in the UK at the moment. Do you have a photo of the female? They had both "species" for sale in our local MA (the "viejita" were £17.99 a "pair" (better coloured and all males) and the A. macmasteri £12.99 a pair (and included some females) . I asked about them, and the manager said that is how they come in with the redder ones labelled as A. viejita.

cheers Darrel

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 11 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Day 83

IMG_8680.jpg

I have moved the middle branch upwards and I think that it makes the tank look more open. Add some christmas moss to the back branch and also addded some weeping moss.
I think that i need to trim the bush more to shape it out, i hope that the middle part starts to bush out more.
I am also thinking of adding some Red Nose Shrimp and maybe some Crystal Red Shrimp.
I having some problems with flow in the tank casuing BBA and straghorn algea any help getting rid of it?

Cherry Shrimp
IMG_8683.jpg

IMG_8677.jpg

The cherries cleaning my moss.

IMG_8695.jpg

This is my red and biggest cherry shrimp and she is also berried so i hope i will be able to see more super red cherries too :D

Stiphodon Sp. Rainbow
IMG_8689.jpg

Apsitogramma
IMG_8675.jpg

Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 11 Week Old.

Try bumping up the co2 and giving everything a trim, I don't think it's flow related.

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 12 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

As for a name for the tank i was thinking of calling it "The Clearing" what do you think?

Day 88
IMG_8704.jpg

What do you think?
Ingor the moved substrate.... :lol:
I am having a battle with straghorn, BBA and thread aglea on the moss any help please.
I am slowly bring the C02 up.
I am going to get rid of the algea injected HC and replace it...

Please leave feedback and help,
Krish

Looks great krish, come along aint it! The amount of moss is really cool, and I like how you've trimmed the p.helferi.

I agree about binning the HC, go with glosso itd suit the scape and in my experience grows like a weed :) as for the bba thread and stag, there's a good article on the algae thread that sums up why your getting each one, keep picking it out untill you find the cause.

Where is the clearing!! Haha I think you should play more on the planted area for a name.

Oh and sort your inlet out haha

Hi!
I really like your tank :)
Don't your wavemaker stress your fishes?

nice litte tank where did you get your wood from its beautifull

Hi Everyone,

nayr88 said:
Looks great krish, come along aint it! The amount of moss is really cool, and I like how you've trimmed the p.helferi.

I agree about binning the HC, go with glosso itd suit the scape and in my experience grows like a weed :) as for the bba thread and stag, there's a good article on the algae thread that sums up why your getting each one, keep picking it out untill you find the cause.

Where is the clearing!! Haha I think you should play more on the planted area for a name.

Oh and sort your inlet out haha

Hi Nayr,

Thanks and will do.
Im gonna give the HC one last try. Thanks for the algea guid.
Hahahaah I just realised that, dont i feel silly :oops:

bw577162 said:
nice litte tank where did you get your wood from its beautifull

Hi Bw577162,

I got the wood from Tom Bar in the USA.

Diogo Matias said:
Hi!
I really like your tank :)
Don't your wavemaker stress your fishes?

Hi Diogo Matias,

Thanks, the powerhead... The cardinals have gotten used to the flow of the tank. Other wise most of the other fish are fast flowing fish.

Thanks for looking,
I'll put an update on tomorow,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 13 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Day 96
IMG_8717.jpg

I am going to add fissends to the other branches just to let you know,
I growing the bush for another week to reshape it.
I have added the HC yesterday, hopefully it goes well this time...
I have Rhizoclonium gorwing on the moss, if i add more shrimp would this help my problem.
I have also notice there are a couple of cherry shimplets in the tank now looking blood red :D

Please leave feedback and advice.
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 13 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

SteveUK said:
Looking good Krish. Give those mosses a good hard trim! They should come back even nicer than they already are :)

Okay, thanks Steve I have done what you have said just today :D.

I cant believe I have made it 100s without any major acidents yet :D i hope....
Day 100
IMG_8721.jpg

Please leave feeback and advice,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 15 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Day 108
IMG_8763.jpg

Here are some pictures of my Apistogramma:
IMG_8765.jpg

IMG_8768.jpg

My first shrimplet i have seen. There are also some really red shrimplets i also seen in the tank but i just cant get a picture of them :( .
lunapic_130288252289636_4.gif

My is my first of out the second CRS that is acturally surving in my tank finally :D The pic is when they were first introduced.
IMG_8735.jpg

Here is the tank it edited in painted of some of the things I want to change or add.
lunapic_130288252289636_19.jpg

The light green patch is hopefully some needle fern on wood.
The brown patch is where i want to put some kind of different crypt.
The yellow patch is where i am going to add some Blyxa.
The dark green patch is where i can add some Anubias barteri ''coffeefolia''

Please help me and give me feedback please,
Krish

Back