• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Krish's 60cm Rescape - 31 Week Old - Countdown to AGA

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 24 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Day 186
IMG_9564-1.jpg

Here is a picture of the Apisto's flaring each other off.

IMG_9553.jpg

IMG_9556.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

Added the fissends on two branchs and took out the flame moss on that branch because it was infested with algae. Can anyone recommend me a moss?
Im also gonning to take out the HC and add glosso like everyone said :lol:.

Im also thinking of adding about another 20 amano shrimps.

Thanks for looking and please leave feedback,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 24 Week Old.

Mate, you know I'm a big fan of this tank. It's one of the two inspirations for the planned rescape of my main tank. However, I have to say I think your background stems are getting too dense. The star of the show is the moss on the manzi and it's getting hard to pick it out against that dense green background.

Krishs Bettas said:

:clap: The HC in my nano is now brown mush with some stringy green bits sticking out of it. Saying that it's finally starting to bed down in my main tank.

Re: the moss. That'll depend on the look you want. Straight swap then you might consider a string moss. I think Nayr grows the Japan one so he might be able to advise.

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 25 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

I had a C02 accident, the unit i think triped over night killing 10 cardinals, 1 stiphodons and all my apistogramma :arghh: But i managed to save some of the fish.

Day 191
IMG_9567.jpg

If you are wondering about the eggs on the glass they are the corys eggs, but i do have a bit of a snail problem any ideas on how to get rid of them.
The glosso should be here next week.

hotweldfire said:
Mate, you know I'm a big fan of this tank. It's one of the two inspirations for the planned rescape of my main tank. However, I have to say I think your background stems are getting too dense. The star of the show is the moss on the manzi and it's getting hard to pick it out against that dense green background.

Krishs Bettas said:

:clap: The HC in my nano is now brown mush with some stringy green bits sticking out of it. Saying that it's finally starting to bed down in my main tank.

Re: the moss. That'll depend on the look you want. Straight swap then you might consider a string moss. I think Nayr grows the Japan one so he might be able to advise.

Hi Hotweldfire,

Thanks for taking inspiration from the my tank, i'd never thought that would happen :lol:. I should but it was a pain to plant the rotola but i might try it in the 6 week hoilday when i have more time. Cool i will have a look at string moss.

Thanks for looking and please leave feeback,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 25 Week Old.

Hi all,
Krish I'm really sorry to hear about your fish. A. trifasciata is one of my favourite fish, and they looked to be coming on so well. I find it really up-setting when any of the fish die in an accident.

This is the reason why I won't use CO2, I find quite enough ways of accidentally killing my fish without adding another one, for which I would be 100% responsible, and I think I would have trouble forgiving myself if I gassed mine.

cheers Darrel

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 27 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Day 205
IMG_9571.jpg

I have added some glosso, it came to me looking yellow and mush but a day latter it is slowly recovering.
I have also started to to add easylife algexit, hopefully it would do its job bust i should try and find out the main cause of the algae.

Thanks for looking,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 28 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Day 212
IMG_9801.jpg

The glosso i got was in bad condition so i didnt expect to grown back so it all died away.
I brought 4 guppys to replace to apisto's that died from the distaster....
Im thinking of getting some mini spiky moss and weeping moss for the braches that are left?
Do you think i should replant the bush? Is it too thick?
Any thoughts or opinons?

Thanks for looking,
Krish

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 29 Week Old.

Hi Everyone,

Day 219
IMG_0322.jpg

The glosso has been delayed at the moment untill next week...
I am going to be getting 25 Amanos and 20 Sukura Cherries in a few weeks to help clean up my moss.
I might try and mess around with the background of the tank to see if i can get a different effect with the tank.

Thanks for looking,
Krish

Mate, could I suggest you get some images which are a bit better exposed. Theyre a little dark. It could helP with a better response. :thumbup:

Hi Everyone,

Day 229
IMG_0349.jpg

Added the Amanos and Cherries from Sweet Knowles one of the best shops i have ever brought from i really recomend them to anyone :).

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

I have also reattached the moss to the wood again to hopefully get better compact growth. I am slowly starting to add the Fissends to the the whole of the branch. I have a plant order comming a week or 2. There will be new glosso and rotola. Hopefully this will all grow so i can entre the AGA 2011 Contest.

Has anyone got any tips on trimming Bylax?

hotweldfire said:
Yup. They do seem to be getting progressively darker mate.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Mark Evans said:
Mate, could I suggest you get some images which are a bit better exposed. Theyre a little dark. It could helP with a better response. :thumbup:

Thanks Mark I will try and get the tank looking brighter :).

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 30 Week Old.

Much better/clearer images.

Blyxa is a stem and can be treated in the same way as others. Cutting out the top part, will encourage more compact growth. Cuttings can be passed on, or replanted.

Re: Krish's 60cm Rescape - 30 Week Old.

Mark Evans said:

Blyxa is a stem and can be treated in the same way as others. Cutting out the top part, will encourage more compact growth. Cuttings can be passed on, or replanted.

Not trying thread HiJack but Mark can you clarify what you mean by cutting out the top part, really interested in this!
Trimming Blyxa is something i haven't done well in the past

andyh said:
Mark Evans said:

Not trying thread HiJack but Mark can you clarify what you mean by cutting out the top part, really interested in this!

I imagine cutting out the newer growth in the centre causing it to stunt its growth, will be doing this shortly with mine.

Whitey89 said:
andyh said:
Mark Evans said:

I imagine cutting out the newer growth in the centre causing it to stunt its growth, will be doing this shortly with mine.

So basically cutting the centre/crown of the plant out of the middle? o_O

Back