• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lè Nano journal •30l Fluval• PLANTED

nayr88

Whaaaa heeyyyyyyy

Decided it was about that time I set up a tank again, it's been way to long!

Tank is a 30l fluval ebi number with 2x11w lights, hopefully I'll win the ehiem ecco 2234 I'm bidding on, so flow will be 20x,600lph ...i think :S

Really not sure on substrate at the moment, I was thinking decorative sand area out front but may start a moss carpet and then if I'm not cool with it I can remove it easy enough n just have sand.

I DOOOOO however want some high tech plants at the mid/back groud so might grab a 3l bag or aquasoil, the ammonia spike should sort out the filter with all the goodies it need to do teh biz. Plants like P.helferi some b.japonica and the one that looks like japonica but ts really tall with some crimps randomly on the leaves :/ can't remeber the name.

Wood, rocks and moss obvvvvvvvvvviously :)

Going to do a custom cabinet I think, and custom inlet outlet for filter.

I'll upload a pic of the bare tank an wood I have layer tonight :)

Re: Lè Nano journal •30l Fluval•

That's an AWFUL lot of turnover. 10x is usually more than enough!

In my experience 10x is ok, I'd rather have the flow there and decrease with taps :)

The 2234 wont be too much, and you wont get 600lph out of it anyway, thats the rating without restriction of media inside. Even if you do think its too much when you set it up you can enlarge the spraybar hole size to reduce velocity. :thumbup:

Yeah well I'll have it packs with media, also the tank is really dominated by a Large but of redmoor so roots will diffuse some of the flow.

Just got some sand :) so promise pics will be up soon

ALSOOOOO 1hr left on the filter :D so far I'm winning at 11quid!!!

Been a while while since I been back to this journal, mostly due to how slowly I've been getting all the kit together.

Now it's here ill be updating tons more.

So what's changed?

Added a 600lph hob from fleabay, only cost a fiver new!
4kg of fluval shrimp stratum stuff
Co2 bits I got from TankScape :)
Reg from old set up and FE from ebay for £15.00. Wood and rocks are new as old.

Ordered some plants from The Green Machine. Great selection to choose from but stuck to a budget but will be purchasing some more via members of the forum over weekend.

Ill find my plant list and post up in a min.....currently on a sunbed haha

Plant list :)
1×Myriophyllum mattogrossense
1×Rotala sp.'green'
3×Tropica 1-2-GrowEleocharissp.'mini'

Hoping to get a bit of Crypt brown and hygropilla from another member.

Setting up FE soon so pics to follow tonight

A couple of pics pre planting with 1st co2 run
u2y8a9yr.jpg

y5e6abes.jpg

Next thing to buy... Back ground ASAP!! Cannot stand seeing bits behind tanks.

Also thinking of upping the light to 18w

Well I don't NEED it I just really want my hairgrass to carpet out nice and low. I've had 18 over 20L and had no probs

Did u get my PM?

I personally think your lighting is fine if your running co2? Co2 is the true grower, not lighting. Scape looks pretty cool. Would be interesting to see how you arrange flora :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ahhhh I no I no haha

I reeeeally like the idea of adding more light...but like a wise rapper once said
Mo' light Mo' problems

Or was it B****s... :/

Anyways yeh ill get the 11 a go as I know If ceg catches hold of me spouting of about wanting more light he may kill me :(

Ha! If think an 18w will be fine with co2 but I'm saying there is no need wanting more as what u have is suitable. My friend has a 18w arc pod on a 30l and he is finding it fine

I've been offered one via PM so if price is right ill get it and sell my 11 to fund it.

wonder how much a new bulb is, the one I may be getting is a year old so could do with a new bulb I recon.

Getting a bit of crud on the wood, doing daily w/c, cleaning it off and dosing easy carbo to try rid it but no luck just keeps returning.

vy9aduvy.jpg

Plants should be here tomorrow :D
Will plant up in the evening, really want to get a couple amano shrimp in there to clear up wood tho before it gets all over the plants.

We shall see can't ways

I'm unsure about amanos but be careful with liquid carbon and shrimp. I was overdosing for the sake of my flora and killed about 15 cherries in about 3 days :( just a heads up Mate, I'm sure if u dose less than the guided amount you should be ok. Or use co2 injection instead to be safe :)

Great setup mate, glad to see you've put the tank to good use.

Id plant up some nice stems at the back and bring it down in plant side around the back and left edge, maybe some crypts? Then into a nice carpet along the front of Eleocharis(sp. mini).

That overhanging 'root' on the right ham side will look particularly effective once the grass grows underneath.

My mini is just starting to spread and really looks fantastic once it goes. Until you get it going, just stick with it!

As jack points out, liquid carbon can creep up on you. Use it carefully.

Keep up the good work,

N

Whitey89 said:
Great setup mate, glad to see you've put the tank to good use.

Id plant up some nice stems at the back and bring it down in plant side around the back and left edge, maybe some crypts? Then into a nice carpet along the front of Eleocharis(sp. mini).

That overhanging 'root' on the right ham side will look particularly effective once the grass grows underneath.

My mini is just starting to spread and really looks fantastic once it goes. Until you get it going, just stick with it!

As jack points out, liquid carbon can creep up on you. Use it carefully.

Keep up the good work,

N

That's exactly how I'm planting :)
Plants didn't arrive today so another night of waiting haha, then Friday night in date night haha so will be in waggamammas then out for drinks.

I'm going to have a fair bit of moss around front base of wood and let it go wild haha.

Back