• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lè Nano journal •30l Fluval• PLANTED

I see it it's almost right in the center of the frame at the corner between the glass and the substrate.

That's great to have your animals reproducing it means they are happy and healthy.

I'm really not sure how old the shrimplets are, no more than a week, luckily the shrimp I got where berried already so a really lengthy drip acclimatising process meant they stayed good and strong I guess.

I think I may lose my Amano shrimp and to be honest I'm a bit worried bout him poisoning the tank :(
This is what I noticed a day ago
rytuzy5u.jpg

He had a bit of a manky leg which he was really struggling with
I came home to today and he was getting abuse from the assassin snail
satu8equ.jpg

I think it could be related to shedding his old skeleton shell whatever. Anyone know some ways I could avoid this in the future I use söll aqualizer cool plus at water change which is meant to help with this but not sure if it is enough :(

Also what are these little egg type things I'm noticing about the tank?
du4yny7e.jpg

I think it could be related to shedding his old skeleton shell whatever. Anyone know some ways I could avoid this in the future I use söll aqualizer cool plus at water change which is meant to help with this but not sure if it is enough

Im not 100% on this mate but I really dont think having an assassin snail in there with your shrimp is going to help anything especially him moulting . have you tried some sort of genchem products to enhance moulting ? Again I know this product works wonders with CRS and Bees etc but not sure on Amanos, could be worth a shot. I know shrimp wont moult if their uncomfortable though..

Hope you sort it out bud :)

TBH jack I think your right.

I was worried after reading about them taking a liking to the shrimplets, however I've seem to have so many I'm pretty sure he wouldnt wipe me out.

THEN!!!!! I found my nerite dead :( :(
I'm not sure if its a water problem or snail problem but my shrimps are clearly really happy...I did get him from a tank in P@H that had rather a few in so was skeptical if he was already too starved to save.

He had a couple of smell holes on his shell not all the way through.

Pretty upsetting.

The amano is going strong in a nursing tank that I set up and put in some plants to hopefully give him some space to shed after his attack.

Will see how he gets on

I'm sorry your going through issues, I remember when I lost all my shrimp because I was overdosing excel and it's a horrible feeling to have. Good job on separating them. Your nerite could of been the victim of your assassin maybe..

Good luck on what ever u do Mate. Interesting to know how it pans out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

IOk so things are going good

The amano is still in care. His getting more and more active but still has an arched back :(

Assassin is staying for now. I have baby shrimp every where...so yeh his staying for now. I'm resisting putting in an amazing plakat fighter from my LFS in there so I'm telling myself that the assassin is my 'sin' that I'm allowing

Here's an updates shot with some floating leaf litter that is waiting to sink
5ubajy6y.jpg

The moss is looking so so nice. The tips look mega healthy and growth is good and thick
jerybe6u.jpg

na4e6ugu.jpg

I'm so tempted to rip out the MM and replace with pogo eretcus (spelling) with a splash of that 'aromatica' plant witch I have no idea on spelling haha.

L aromatica is a big plant, far too big for a nano and this scape. I'd bare with the MM for a while and keep replanting the tips to get it really dense before deciding to move on or not. Nice scape, well executed, well done.

L aromatica is a big plant, far too big for a nano and this scape. I'd bare with the MM for a while and keep replanting the tips to get it really dense before deciding to move on or not. Nice scape, well executed, well done.

Thanks Garuf always appreciate a compliment, especially from my old mate haha.

I've never seen the plant in the flesh to be honest I was thinking literally a couple of stems rear left with that other plant I don't the name of(pogo) taking up the rest of the space. Ill take your advice though and keep on with the MM for this scape.

I really need the rotala to start creeping forward and thickening up. It's only started to move the past week with addition of liquid carbon and Ada python git. Call me a fan boy but the r.green was looking pretty ropey with holes in the leaves until I added it.

Looking nice in there mate plenty of saddled cherries in there too should be over run with shrimp in no time

Thanks Tim. Does the yellowish saddle on the back of the shrimp mean there preggo?

The tank looks like its progressing well mate. It's always nice when shrimp start reproducing it gives a nice satisfaction. Is that algae you have growing on the sides of the tank? I never clean the sides of my shrimp tank as the shrimplets love to feed from the film that grows on it.

Cheers guys :)

Thanks matt yeah 'it gives me an enormous sense of well being' haha!!
The shrimp seem to be having a great time. Yeah your correct that is algae but I'm fine with it as like you said the shrimplets love it.

I'm debating get some otto's my concern is that
1- they are happiest in groups?? Will I have enough space for the group needed
2- how will the shrimp get on with them?

I think that ottos are about the only fish out there which are shrimp safe. I would of thought you could have 3 or 4 without a problem but I could be mistaken. Oh thanks for that filter by the way, it came intact and works fine.

I would add a couple boiler peas to supplement there diet as I'm sure they would make easy work of the glass.

Haha oh yeh! Sorry took its time :(

That's ok not your fault, bloody postal service! :mad:
All catfish are the same and always run out of algae eventually

Looking great mate, really nice nano tank!
Great news about the shrimp population too, it's a good feeling.....resist the fighter, the shrimp will be no more! Better still, set up another nano for the fighter!
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thanks Ady, I'm 100% not adding in the fighter :) it's not a fancy one just a short finned natural looking plakat...probably quite dull to some haha.
I do have a 10L dennerle set up I could do low tech for him...I just feel that the is half size to small :( this LFS doesn't shift many though and I fear he will just waste away over the next couple months.

It's a great feeling seeing all the different stages of shrimp life, I think I'm going to add the ottos I hope 3 should e a decent enough 'group' to keep them happy, I'm going to look into the best supplements for there diet but algae wafers and the odd pea would be my 1st guess.

Back