• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Landscapes and whatnot

BigTom

Well once again I miss my tank and end up browsing through ukaps yearning for a day when I'm at home more than 6 months a year and can start again, then I remembered that you lot enjoyed some of my previous shots so thought I'd whack in a few more recent ones :)

Glen_Bay_by_HairyToes.jpg

Dapples_II_by_HairyToes.jpg

605ab9ea7f49397bf9a483add604d206.jpg

965fc445c642f92c42703c4371e17cbe.jpg

Awww_by_HairyToes.jpg

The cute guy at the end is my PhD study organism :)

Any chance of putting them all in a .zip/.rar for people to use as wall papers? I use 1152 x 864. ;)
They're really really great photos. I love the birds circling, it looks like they're exploding from the rock.

Glad you guys enjoy them :)

Garuf, I hope you'll understand if I'm a little reticent about putting large-res versions in the public domain, as I would quite like to try and make some cash from my photography somewhere down the line.

Fishbeast - raws processed in lightroom then further layering and stitching work in photoshop.

Beautiful! :eek:

Thanks for sharing!

BigTom said:

Garuf, I hope you'll understand if I'm a little reticent about putting large-res versions in the public domain, as I would quite like to try and make some cash from my photography somewhere down the line.

Fishbeast - raws processed in lightroom then further layering and stitching work in photoshop.

Sweet. I have been admiring that kind of colour scheme you have in the first picture. I love how sharp the cliffs are and how dark and ominous the sky and clouds are and have been wondering how people acheive this. I also use lightroom 2 and am wondering if you could give me a quick rundown or point me in the right direction as of reading material.

Cheer bud!

FishBeast said:
BigTom said:

Sweet. I have been admiring that kind of colour scheme you have in the first picture. I love how sharp the cliffs are and how dark and ominous the sky and clouds are and have been wondering how people acheive this. I also use lightroom 2 and am wondering if you could give me a quick rundown or point me in the right direction as of reading material.

Cheer bud!

I think a lot of what you're getting at is down to applying different contrast/levels/curves to different parts of the image. You'll be able to that to some extent using graduated filters in lightroom, but its much more powerful to use layer masks in Photoshop.

The rest of my processing technique is kind of hard to describe as its something I've developed over quite a while and involves a lot of experimenting with individual images, but the core of it comes down to using different blending modes on duplicate layers in Photoshop, its not something you can really do in LR I'm afraid.

Back