• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Large Moss wall mesh

Katfish

I am looking to do a large moss wall on my tank but finding it hard to find the sizes I need

my tank is 72" long with water depth of 26"

anybody know where I can buy mesh that will not cost a fortune that would do the job ?

With that size you will find you need alot of moss :)
However as others have said garden centre mesh or the plastic rolls of mesh will work. It will take some time to fill in.

Good luck and let us know how it works out :)

How fine a mesh do you want? You could use plastic tapestry mesh from a local hobby place if garden stuff is too coarse...

mlgt said:
With that size you will find you need alot of moss :)
However as others have said garden centre mesh or the plastic rolls of mesh will work. It will take some time to fill in.

Good luck and let us know how it works out :)

Yep alot of moss I worked it out to be around 1.5kg but I might do it in riccia I know it will be hard work but if I find mesh that is small enough it might not be so bad.

If you have access to a co2 tank then riccia grows at a great rate freefloating. I had a few bits of riccia and it ended up covering a corner of my tank within a few weeks. High lights and co2 helps alot. Good luck with it all :)

Back