• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Large piece of Corby root

oscar

HELP?!?!
Photo attached, this piece “main trunk” has had a piece of elephant stone on it for 8 weeks… still no sign of sinking.
Any ideas, I was thinking to drill slate tile to bottom as is flat?!?

I’m happier with aquascape, but rock on top doesn’t look right/ you can’t see inside crevices etc….

Tannings gone, purigen is very good 😊

Again all comments welcome,

Oscar.

Attachments

• 7C29070A-DA8F-4F0E-A8F7-CB42AF10D1E7.jpeg
    7C29070A-DA8F-4F0E-A8F7-CB42AF10D1E7.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 239
I have some corbo soaking for my new tank - I've had it in tubs for about 4 months, and I reckon it took 2-3 months for the largest pieces to sink fully.

You have quite a few pieces of stone around the base of it - I'd try and find a way to physically attach some of those to the corbo to anchor it down. Cigarette filters and superglue work well, but I've seen several people recommend JBL Pro Haru adhesive so I'll be trying that myself next time.

Cheers Wookii.
I’m a bit apprehensive on trying to glue to rocks… trunk is fairly large and it needed the largest piece of rock before it sunk properly.
I’m thinking slate tile/ drill using stainless steel screws?!? But what slate is safe?!

🤔🤔

Cheers Wookii.
I’m a bit apprehensive on trying to glue to rocks… trunk is fairly large and it needed the largest piece of rock before it sunk properly.
I’m thinking slate tile/ drill using stainless steel screws?!? But what slate is safe?!

🤔🤔

That should work. Alternatively a piece of perspex screwed to the base, such that the rocks around the base of the corbo will sit on the sand covered perspex, holding it down.

I drove an appropriate sized piece of dense inert dragon stone into heart (underside) of it after having a rock sat on it in the tank for weeks on end. Two other pieces (one smaller and one much larger) remained submerged after a week or two.

That should work. Alternatively a piece of perspex screwed to the base, such that the rocks around the base of the corbo will sit on the sand covered perspex, holding it down.
Any idea where you get perspex, cut to order online seems to be the best option?!?

Any idea where you get perspex, cut to order online seems to be the best option?!?

Yeah, cut to order online, or buy a piece on ebay and cut yourself - its easy to cut, and doesn't have to look pretty where its being installed.

Can you use, slate tile off roof?!? i've a couple in garage...even have holes already drilled.

Can you use, slate tile off roof?!? i've a couple in garage...even have holes already drilled.

Possibly, if it is natural slate. If it's a manufactured tile it might be difficult to know exactly what's in it - may still not be a problem, but I wouldn't know myself.

Thanks everyone, as i have the slates so will give them a go / were already drilled so must have been on the roof at some point.

Hopefully its enough weight to keep it down, I'll let you know :oops:

Cheers guys, I ended up with Perspex and countersink stainless steel screws. Happy enough with finished aquascape, thanks again wookii

Oscar

Attachments

• E7040F31-4013-446F-AF28-92969327E3F3.jpeg
    E7040F31-4013-446F-AF28-92969327E3F3.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 98
  • F1A6EB1A-3E07-42F1-937F-721711A1B978.jpeg
    F1A6EB1A-3E07-42F1-937F-721711A1B978.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
Back