• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Largest inline diffuser?

Cat

Hello,

I'm thinking of getting either a new diffuser or putting a couple in gas parallel. I've got a 410 litre tank so I was hunting around for the largest diffuser I could find but so far I've got masses of vague reviews of diffusers in general when I search the internet. So I was wondering if any one on here had any suggestions?

I'm having endless problems with Co2 at the moment, after a terrible month I've finally got a drop checker out of the blue...

cheers,
Cat

Oh yes I'd forgotten reactors even existed to be honest!

I never seem to get to the bottom of most of the CO2 problems. The last couple of months, the plants are looking happy and the drop checker is green. Then one day I notice the drop checker is blue, the plants are looking not happy. Check the diffuser/bubble counter all looks good but the tank says different. One time we thought it was the pump bc the flow had reduced a lot, turned out it was full of snail shells. So we took them out and thought that everything would be OK. Days later however drop checker is still blue, algae going crazy. So turned the bubble rate up every few hours for a few days, still blue, get impatient so wack the reg up full pelt FINALLY goes green, then yellow. Start titrating it down, yellow..yellow..yellow then bam to blue no green in between. Start turning in up in increments for days and days still going blue. Then we figure maybe the pressure is too high and the co2 bubbles become too big to be absorbed so despite turning it up working a couple of weeks ago turning it down is what fixed it this time. We have a needle valve for more delicate adjustments but touching that seemed to create even more problems so we've left that alone. For years we had the co2 shutting off at night which was fine for years until one day it wasn't so we keep in on for 24 hours now just incase that was the problem. Everything we do seems to fix it for a while but then another arises, like the connector to the diffuser perishing, the spray bar getting blocked, its just endless problems!

Back