• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Latest PFK (Aug '08)

I'm way chuffed with it :D

Georges 60cm looks awesome!

This whole series has been fantastic reading, most of us on here have seen somoe of the scapes that have been featured but for Jo Public it must be something totally new to them when they see well aquascaped planted tanks like these. Cracking job George and PFK, really boosting coverage of planted tanks in the UK.

I'd only subscribe for George's plant section. The rest doesn't interest me.
Wish I could see how the tanks look, I might have to buy this one issue to see.
Hasn't Dan now sold the 80cm to some friends?

Matt Holbrook-Bull said:
will/are the pics up on the PFK website?

I dont subscribe to PFK either.. as very little of it interests me either.

Must admit I used to subscribe to PFK, I have got about three years worth of issues in a suitcase in the loft. I stopped subscribing because I found that they were a bit like running magazines, the same stuff was getting regurgitated each year. I can guarantee if I pull out all the copies virtually the same article is written every year but by a different person.

Sorry to sound so negative but now if I want to look something up I go straight to the source.

But.......I will probably be going straight to the newsagent tomorrow to see when the August issue is likely to be in :rolleyes: if only to see Dan's and Georges masterpiece. :D

Steve.

REDSTEVEO said:
Matt Holbrook-Bull said:
will/are the pics up on the PFK website?

I dont subscribe to PFK either.. as very little of it interests me either.

Must admit I used to subscribe to PFK, I have got about three years worth of issues in a suitcase in the loft. I stopped subscribing because I found that they were a bit like running magazines, the same stuff was getting regurgitated each year. I can guarantee if I pull out all the copies virtually the same article is written every year but by a different person.

Sorry to sound so negative but now if I want to look something up I go straight to the source.

But.......I will probably be going straight to the newsagent tomorrow to see when the August issue is likely to be in :rolleyes: if only to see Dan's and Georges masterpiece. :D

Steve.

Well, my planted tank articles haven't repeated themselves for the last two years...

Thanks for the comments guys! :D
This months issue is a good one anyway, given the time of year they are featuring quite a bit of pond stuff and i've just dug a beast so that interests me too. I've briefly kept marines and discus and communities so i just read the whole mag front to back. I like to gather as much info about all aspects of fish keeping so that if i get the urge to set a tank up for Malawis or something then at lease i'd have some sort of knowledge on them. Planted tanks are number one for me but there are so many other things inolved in fishkeeping, PFK keeps my mind ticking over. I used to frequent loads of forums but now i stick with PFK mag and UKaps, thats my fill.

Haven't picked up PFK yet but just came across pics of George's Optiwhite on APC...... That's one beautiful tank...... One of your best yet, GF....

Hi George/Dan,i have just seen the latest pfk and the pics of both setups are very good indeed,seeing your setups makes me even more keen to get on with my opti-white setup but i am going to wait until arcadia bring out there new luminaires,regards john.

I got my copy now! Well-chuffed.

I do prefer Dan's tank and article design though. The colour repro looks different on the main photo on my tank's feature. The background is purple and the black neons' contrast is too much.

Hopefully my new iMac when I get home will sort that out!

Back