• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Layout critique.

But then why even invite input from others :confused:

That's why I have invited input.
I do not understand the rules for aquascaping as well as most on here, but if by inviting input, I can create a aquascape with more perspective/flow/creativity/interest then I will make it look better for myself. I have tried to follow the advice so far and I like how my layout has changed.

1 Rock I would remove it's blocking the bases of the DW, it now can be softened with a few low plants
2 Rock lay it vertical. This is now the starting point for your perspective and a starting point for a smooth eye flow.
3 Rock lay it flat with the now bottom pointing to where number 2 was.

Keith:wave::wave:

Tried my best to move rocks as shown. How's the update?
ae274be258003bb7aed4aa3568591ec6.jpg

SRP

That is an improvement but still more to do to improve what you have done
My suggestions are
No1 rock not the correct rock for a main starting it lacks interest. Swap it over with No 2 rock.
Lay it flat so the thinnest/longest is pointing towards No4 rock.
No 3 there are several small rocks there I would consider removing them and maybe creating a small pathway (curved and tapered off) as another point of interest, it will also give a perspective point
No 4 rock remove at the moment.

Over all I hope this all works out.

SRP%202%20%2026%204%2019%20_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys.

Little update, layout completed. Soil soaked and planted. Dry start started. Eloecharis acicularis and saigittaria subulata carpeting the front. Moss has been attached via yogurt blender method as on a few posts on here.
ff7670834364cc7ae0a15f8e44c898f6.jpg

Looking good.

One thing you will realise is that moving the scape by 10cm forward can open up space. It's hard to explain. Keep at it and good luck with this layout.

Looking good.

One thing you will realise is that moving the scape by 10cm forward can open up space. It's hard to explain. Keep at it and good luck with this layout.
Thank you Rebel. I know exactly what u mean, it's hard to show as the wood looks like it's leaning against the back doesn't it. It's 10 to 15cm from the back of the tank so was hoping to plant some stem plants at the back.

If the carpet grows in like I'm hoping I have a bit of wiggle room to move it forward slightly as suggested. That way I will have more space to plant some lovely cryptocorynes.

Can anybody tell me a rough target for humidity inside the tank please?

SRP3006
da35258291a33bd958722149052b5b62.jpg

0624352ac4422fe217c612b94bd10dc4.jpg

It's gone from these to this which is a pleasure to look at. As the plants grow it will look completely different to an Aquascape you can sit back and enjoy.
Extremely well done.:thumbup::thumbup:

SRP%203%2029.4.19%20%20_edited-1.jpg

SRP3006

It's been a pleasure assisting you. It's going to look even better as it develops and, ages especially the rocks. When you start adding the water you might have to sit heavy rock/s on the DW to stop them lifting.

I have filled the tank to check all connections from filters, pipes etc and to soak substrate before dry start and yes they floated. So the wood has all been tied to extra rock which is hidden under sand. Hopefully it will be enough weight.

SRP3008
I would place a rock on the wood just as an added precaution if it lifted and floated think of the mess you would have to fix. Remember its only a temporary measure.

Back