• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lead weights....

JohnC

On a mountain in the Highlands of Scotland
Hi,

Just having a ponder. I fitted out a Biorb for a friend the other day (god i hate those things) and for ease of use kept the lead weights on the couple of bunches of low light/cold water stems i chucked in for effect.

Question - Are the lead weights that stem bunches come with actually still made from lead? or has the industry moved on since those days and use another metal?

Thanks,
John

hijac said:
Hi,

Just having a ponder. I fitted out a Biorb for a friend the other day (god i hate those things) and for ease of use kept the lead weights on the couple of bunches of low light/cold water stems i chucked in for effect.

Question - Are the lead weights that stem bunches come with actually still made from lead? or has the industry moved on since those days and use another metal?

Thanks,
John

John

Its a substitue material, not all lead has been ban - if you are a fisherman you should know about lead shot. Any shot greater than a No.8, No.10 and so on is made of lead or what we call in the trade as "dust shot" If you are a Carp man using 2oz weights - these are not lead.

Regards
paul.

Flyfisherman said:
hijac said:
Hi,

Thanks,
John

John

Its a substitue material, not all lead has been ban - if you are a fisherman you should know about lead shot. Any shot greater than a No.8, No.10 and so on is made of lead or what we call in the trade as "dust shot" If you are a Carp man using 2oz weights - these are not lead.

Regards
paul.

thanks!! :D

Back