Leaf edges going black

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by john starkey, 10 Jul 2008.

1. john starkey

john starkey Member

High all,just recently i have noticed some of the leaf edges are going black is this due to some deficiency in nutrients,the plants in question are some of the more easier ones to grow ie hygrophila difformis the leafs are nice and green which suggests to me that the nutrient levels are ok, any advice will be appreciated regards john.

2. ceg4048

ceg4048 Expert/Global Moderator Staff Member

Hi John,
    I'm not really sure. It doesn't sound like a macro deficiency but it could be micros. Got any pictures? Does it happen on old leaves or young? Are the edges deteriorating or just a color change?

Cheers,

3. Matt Holbrook-Bull

Matt Holbrook-Bull Founder

could also be algae rather than a deficiency.. I had that on my last tank, was a flippin nightmare.

4. john starkey

john starkey Member

Hi Ceg, thinking about it i havent altered my feeding patern but reading Matts reply made me think it may be an algae thing because i have started feeding my fish twice a day recently and this could be the reason,i will revert back to feeding every other day and see if that makes any difference,thanks guys regards john.