• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Leaking Filter booster (All pond solution)

navvmau

I bought this All Pond Solution filter booster
https://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/ef-2-booster-supplimentary-canister/

I connected it with Eheim 250 and it’s leaking at the connector of the prefilter (between the filter’s own connector.. not between the host and the plastic connector..)

How to fix this? Or I just need to return it? The plastic connectors of this filter booster is very flimsy.

9e4d00ccccc5e239e5ded4dfa7e95bfc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actualy a Sunsun HW602/603 prefilter canister.. :)
www.aliexpress.com/item/SUNSUN-HW-602-Mini-Aquarium-External-Pre-filter-1-5L-HW-602-Filter-Filtration-Equipment-External/32582202593.html

I have used the 603 for many years and never had a problem..

Tho if you connect the hose it should be cut perfectly straight.. If its cut diagonally it might leak. First you have to screw the cap all the way down, push the hose all the way over the connector till its completely on and can't go further. Than screw the cap up again and the hose will be clamped to the connectors wedge. If the hose isn't cut straight, you might not be able to push it all the way over the wedge and it will not be sufficiently clamped.

Tho it looks like you have an extra addaptor on the valve, i never seen it before.. But looking at the pictures from your link the addaptor seems to have an O-ring. Inspect this one, it should be in the place where you have the leak.

Aha, it’s Sunsun!

It’s not from the hose (which was cut perfectly), the leakage is from the connector itself where the o-ring is.

I’ll be traveling for 2 weeks and I have already ruined my wooden floor from the leakage. Should I try again or should I not... any suggestion?

Literally just bought one of these for a 30cm cube project. Got mine for a couple of quid cheaper from Ebay, but I wish I paid the extra from APS, as I imagine their customer service will be existent at least.
Could be just the O-ring, but if it's the thread, how about some PFTE tape?

You can compare this image with the first one I posted. The leakage is the o-ring connector. I’m thinking about PFTE tape as well but now I’m quite scared about the quality at a whole. So maybe more thoughts and ideas about this filter booster is what I’d like to know hear more

ebe64a57178643e3dc40c7c892151ff0.jpg

Literally just bought one of these for a 30cm cube project. Got mine for a couple of quid cheaper from Ebay, but I wish I paid the extra from APS, as I imagine their customer service will be existent at least.
Could be just the O-ring, but if it's the thread, how about some PFTE tape?

I’m thinking about PFTE tape as well

PTFE It will do.. :)

What i find odd, is the 2.5 litre Sunsun HW603b comes standad with 16/22mm connectors no addapter needed. Or they have changed that over time i dunno..

As said i been using it for over 5 years, no isues at all. In your case it likely is the O-ring not correctly fitting.

Last edited:
The connector came with a lot of vasline (or something lookalike). Now I put on the PTFE tape and will have couple of day test running and hope it works!!

Thank you so much for all inputs!

Back