Leaking tank!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic / Chit-Chat' started by Wayney, 1 Nov 2008.

1. Wayney

Wayney Member

As the title says my tank has developed a slow leak :twisted: but It's underneath the tank so I cant do nowt bout it :arghh:
    Would I be wise to A: shut the tank down immediately or B: risk leaving it running until i can get a replacement tank on monday :?

What would you do in my position?

2. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

i am not sure but the crack may only get worse, you can save everything in buckets, stick the filter and heater on and everything should be fine.

3. Luketendo

Luketendo Member

When I had a slow leak back in like May I emptied the tank the next morning because it was like midnight. Anyway I put all the fish in the bigger tank yeah and it didn't have plants at the time.

Just bucket it up until Monday. I had to have like 10+ fish living in 2L jug once and they were ok for like 7 hours. This was during an emergency don't kill me :p. No filter either just heater and airstone.

4. Wayney

Wayney Member

Thanks for the advice guys :D . I think i've found the leak now :twisted: . There's 4 plastic braces at the top of my tank (1 in each corner) and one of them has been leaking water down the side of the tank that i cannot see directly and then the water has built up on the stand underneath and then down the front of the stand hence why i thought the leak was underneath the tank :rolleyes: . So basically its my own fault coz i've been in the tank scrubbing the rocks today and thats raised the water high enough to leak through the crappy brace ;).

DSCF0551.jpg

5. Luketendo

Luketendo Member

Excellent, good news then.

Beautiful tank also :).

6. Wayney

Wayney Member

Cheers Luke, It doesnt look like that now :lol: ;) I made the age old mistake of not trimming the glosso often enough
    so the bottom layer started to die off :arghh: I wont be letting that happen again :lol: