• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Leaking tank!!!!

Wayney

As the title says my tank has developed a slow leak :twisted: but It's underneath the tank so I cant do nowt bout it :arghh:
Would I be wise to A: shut the tank down immediately or B: risk leaving it running until i can get a replacement tank on monday :?

What would you do in my position?

When I had a slow leak back in like May I emptied the tank the next morning because it was like midnight. Anyway I put all the fish in the bigger tank yeah and it didn't have plants at the time.

Just bucket it up until Monday. I had to have like 10+ fish living in 2L jug once and they were ok for like 7 hours. This was during an emergency don't kill me :p. No filter either just heater and airstone.

Thanks for the advice guys :D . I think i've found the leak now :twisted: . There's 4 plastic braces at the top of my tank (1 in each corner) and one of them has been leaking water down the side of the tank that i cannot see directly and then the water has built up on the stand underneath and then down the front of the stand hence why i thought the leak was underneath the tank :rolleyes: . So basically its my own fault coz i've been in the tank scrubbing the rocks today and thats raised the water high enough to leak through the crappy brace ;).

DSCF0551.jpg

Luketendo said:
Excellent, good news then.

Beautiful tank also :).

Cheers Luke, It doesnt look like that now :lol: ;) I made the age old mistake of not trimming the glosso often enough
so the bottom layer started to die off :arghh: I wont be letting that happen again :lol:

Back