Leaky Soloniod - Can it be fixed? and will my reg fit on FE?

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by Barney, 26 Nov 2009.

1. Barney

Barney Newly Registered

I have been thinking about setting up a planted tank again and have all my old equipment laying around from when I took mine down a couple of years ago.

The problem I had with my last planted tank was the soloniod went and when it was supposed to be switched off it still let some CO2 through. I was just wandering if anyone has ever repaired one?

Also as a bonus question does anyone know if a JBL regulator from the proflora set will fit on a FE (or if there are adaptors to make it fit?

2. AdAndrews

AdAndrews Member

3. Barney

Barney Newly Registered

Yeah it is :) Been ages since I was last on UKAPS (I signed up about the same time as I took my planted tank down I think).

Thanks for the link. I still have a few disposable bottles sitting around but once they have gone I will go for a FE setup. i wasn't going to bother with the CO2 at all but if I can fix my solenoid or pick up a cheap one I might as well. Just looking for a cheap tank now (and somewhere in the house to put it :) ).

4. AdAndrews

AdAndrews Member

Awesome, look forward to the scape :thumbup: