• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Led light for 72l tank

Rasmusm

Hi all

I was looking into buying new light for my tank. 60x40x30cmand was thinking about led light. Currently Im running 2x24w t5 tubes, but I've dimmet it with some aluminum paper, not sure what its called on english :)

This is my tank, few weeks old though but you get the idea

I'd like to raise the lightning a bit maybe 30-40cm, so my sword plants can grow higher than they currently are and out of the tank..

So first of I was thinking about the TMC 400 tile for nanos, maybe 2 of those haning from my ceiling.. And also some kind of controler if that is possible, to dimm it?

I prolly wont be needing all that light, but I like to have it incase algaes dont show up :)
Tank is getting co2 12hours a day and daily EI fertilizer, lights on 6 hours atm until it grow in a bit more.. So ye, a bit high tech.

Are there any good alternatives to haning led's ?
Also whats your thought about it, im not sure how to calculate with led light, currently its 0.66w/liter but I guess it will be a bit different with led.

Thanks,

From Rasmus
Denmark

I'm running similar to you art the moment. Can I ask why you run your co2 for that Long when your lights are on for half the time.:) I'm lost with all this led there's loads of options but on a budget its so easy to make the wrong choice and not be happy:)

Few weeks back I had co2 running 24/7 which worked fine :) I just figured that I could get the double out of my 6kg co2 bottle, if it only was running half the time :) and also starts 6 hours before lights on to be sure theres enough co2 in the tank when lights on. Didnt do any adjustments on the needle valve though. My bottle lasts around 7 to 8 month with it running 24/7

Back