• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Led lighting: Tmc gro beam or fluval aqualife and plant?

Vikkiog

Seedling
Hi guys, starting my first planted tank and hoping I could get some help with choosing leds.
My tank is a 310litre 5ft aqua oak and will be moderately planted to start with.
I'm looking at the fluval aqualife and plants lights but I'm not sure if the smallest size would be suitable for a 5ft tank.
Or TMC GroBeam 600 Ultima ND - Twin
Or TMC GroBeam 1500 Ultima Natural Daylight
Not sure on sizes with these either. Looking for a natural light that will benefit the plants as well as cover the 5ft :)
Anyone have experiences with these in a planted tank or a different preference?
Budget would be around £200.
Thanks in advance!

I had a Fluval Aqualife on my 3ft tank - good build quality/stylish and lovely mix of leds to give a good looking quality of light but simply not enough light.

I ended up building my own light.

That's what I was afraid of :( I did read some reviews saying it wasn't much good for planted as well as ones saying it was! thanks though :)

You will need lots of led to cover 5 feet of water. Probably 3 1500 tiles

Oh man, that's such a pain! No way I could afford that :/
Would it be worth just sticking to t5s then? Maybe 2x54W or more?

What's omg with t5 ?

Some leds use a lot of energy- defeats the point really

So, would you think I'd be good with 2x tmc ultima 600 or 1500 tiles as well as a 2 channel controller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 2 1500 should be fine. I have one over my tmc signature and I have to run it at 50% but I don't have a controller so I think I would turn it down if I had the chance!!

Thanks :) maybe pushing the budget a bit far but no point buying t5s now only to change my mind later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back